IV Pumps

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
We carry full and half set IV tubing for our Braun pumps. The half set tubing being extension tubing with no drip chamber that is compatible with our pump. Depending on the drip and if I know we are transporting to the same hospital system I will just use half sets so the receiving hospital just has to plug in their tubing and take off the extension set.

That's awful nice of you :) Surprised they will accept drips from outside hospitals. All the places we take patients into will not reuse an outside hospital infusion. That being said, I try to syringe pump with a 60cc as much as possible depending on the infusion and rate, which also doesn't give them much of a choice :)

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
That's awful nice of you :) Surprised they will accept drips from outside hospitals. All the places we take patients into will not reuse an outside hospital infusion. That being said, I try to syringe pump with a 60cc as much as possible depending on the infusion and rate, which also doesn't give them much of a choice :)

They change them out pretty quick but it still allows them to continue the infusion, usually pressors, while they order one from pharmacy and decide if they want to change out lines and such. If not you end up sitting there 20 mins waiting for them to get a drip from pharmacy so you can stop your pump.