It's Getting Hot in Herrrrre

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Today it was about 90-95 in Michigan, and with the humidity it felt like 100-105. It's a good thing we just had the heat exhaustion thread, or I could have been in serious trouble.

I've worked a few times when it was really hot, but never with the heat and humidity.

How do you people in the south do it? In only a few days I'm going to be one of those people, and I'm afriad I may just collapse walking to my car in the morning. It's a good thing I'm an EMT! :glare:

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
MMiz said:
It's a good thing I'm an EMT! :glare:

Yea, but you'll probably cry like a girl the first time you expierience it. :p :p :p

Seriously...

Water!

Water!

Water!

Oh and Air Conditioning.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Zing... ouch. ^_^

Ya think if I report the Horseee.... I mean horse thread another CL would delete it? EEEERRRRRRIIIIIIKKKKKKAAAA!!!! :ph34r:

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Its okay Matt....guys who cry are sexy....:wub: :wub: :wub:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I don't know how either... I know that September in Louisana was as unpleasent as July/August in PA last year... and it wasn't just the heat but the humidity.

In PA, we are going to hit 100 degrees today. Happily, I'm indoors today.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Just think...it's cooler in Florida that it is in Michigan.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
We have been nice and warm here also with high 90s low 100s (how its low is beyond me). Suppose to be nicer this week with 80s. Oh and rain which we are getting today its been so nice. Thankfully I work in doors 90% of the time.

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Being a Georgian, I don't mind the humid heat as long as I have AC. I'm more than happy to wear a long sleeve shirt in July, again with the whole AC thing.

The worst day was move in day at school in CT. It was 90+ degrees, high humidity, rain on and off to jack up the humidity even more, and no AC in sight. For some reason, our dorm was the hottest one on campus, too. My friends and I survived by throwing open our windows and doors, blasting fans, and wearing as little clothing as we could manage while still being decent.

GaEMT

Forum Crew Member
It is easy to do in the South. Water Water Water like Princess said. NOW the real questions is home in the *%#^@ do you do it in Michingan in Jan and Feb and all the other months white stuff falls form the sky?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
GaEMT said:
It is easy to do in the South. Water Water Water like Princess said. NOW the real questions is home in the *%#^@ do you do it in Michingan in Jan and Feb and all the other months white stuff falls form the sky?

Layers and layers of clothing...

You can dress for the cold, but there's only so much clothing you can take off before you get in trouble. :p

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Hey, I'm learning about layers. GaEMT, it's not too hard, just put on lots of clothing so you can barely move while you're outside, then be prepared to strip once you get back inside. ;)

Though, the whole flip flops in winter thing is something I don't think I'll even understand. :huh: