Is EMT really as easy as everyone makes it out to be?

DrWorm

Forum Ride Along
I recently completed a combined EMT-B/AEMT class for the first time and I felt like it was really easy. The people running the class kept stressing that it was a high level, fast paced, advanced class that is easy to burn out of and easy to fail. But in the 5 months that it took, I felt more than prepared to take the NREMT. I finished the class with a test average of 93% and finished the NREMT-B exam in around 30 minutes near the minimum number of questions. The AEMT exam isn't adaptive yet, so I can't guess how well I did but all of the questions took around 55 minutes to answer. That being said, there were a few people in the class that had a more difficult time with the material and one dropped out about 80% through the course.

Also, I didn't realize this thread was almost a month old, apologies.

Medic27

Forum Lieutenant
This depends on who you are, the school, and your instructor. Our instructor told us we will laugh at the NREMT because he was going to make our tests much harder, he offered test corrections, and thank goodness. I scored a 89% on our final because I felt like our class was heavily test oriented. Our instructor was kind of cocky, and had the know it all attitude. He also wasn't the best teacher but he put some great knowledge in my head. I had a hard time with EMT class, but the current class I have heard says "it's very easy now." That teacher was let go at the end of our teaching year. He also required as to score an 80% to pass the class, compared to some others that allow you to pass at 70%. He said he held us to a higher standard.

Last edited: