iPhone to Android good medical apps?

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
hey guys i have a random question for you all. after being an iPhone user for 4 years i think i'm going to break free and switch to a droid phone. i'm just not impressed with iPhone 5 and iOS6 but thats another story.

i was curious how the medical apps are for droid users? are there plenty and are they good? some apps i think i'll need is a protocol app (riverside county, and los angeles county, CA ideally), Micromedex or equilvilant pharm/drug app, ivDripRate, maybe lab values?

i will be doing research as well but if someone has the information already you'd be a great asset for information. thanks again.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
There are lots of good apps for droid. And some of the ones you are used to on iOS might be available on droid too. I bought an iPad and was able to get a lot of the ones I use on my droid phone for it.
Epocrates, iResq, Skyscape, Medscape, paramedic protocol provider, the Informed field guides... All available for both iOS and android.

FeatherWeight

Forum Crew Member
iTriage and Medscape are some good ones for android, not sure if they are available for the iPhone.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Guys he has an iOS device and is switching to android.

OP
OP
FoleyArtist

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
Guys he has an iOS device and is switching to android.

hahaha thanks.

also i have cross checked all my apps i currently use regularly with google app store and they have everything i use or a just as good equivalent. so this transition doesn't seem so bad.

thanks again everyone

on a random note i'm holding off on buying my droid phone for now after reading the HTC One X+ is coming out in november. :)

phxemt

Forum Ride Along
My friend out in CA uses Pepid's EMT mobile app
He is working on getting his employer to sign up for a group discount but for now he deducts the cost as non-reimbursed business expense on his taxes

Any AZ peeps out there? I keep hearing the EMT job market is tough here but so is the job market in general. I'm probably starting at MCC soon...

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
hahaha thanks.

also i have cross checked all my apps i currently use regularly with google app store and they have everything i use or a just as good equivalent. so this transition doesn't seem so bad.

thanks again everyone

on a random note i'm holding off on buying my droid phone for now after reading the HTC One X+ is coming out in november. :)

a little of topic, my partner just got a note, and another co worker the note 2, they Both used to have iPhones and love their new phones. I'm personally a fan of most samsung phones smart phones.

rujero

Emergency Services RN, NREMT
I have a few on my iPhone. I'm not sure if they are available for Droid but if they are, they are worth a look.

iTriage: multi purpose reference, medical facility contact.

Eponyms: list of over 1700 medical Eponyms with short descriptions.

Azumio Instant Heart Rate: uses the camera and flash to sense a reliable heart rate on the finger based on the same concept as pulse oximeters.

-r