"Intubrite" disposable blades?

jwk

Forum Captain
Not sure of our brand, but we use similar metal disposable blades and have totally abandoned use of reusable blades and disposable plastic blades (except for those that are used with the GlideScope). Cheap and soooo much brighter than standard reusable laryngoscope blades thanks to using LED lighting.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We're still in the acquisition stage of Intubrite gear, but it looks as if we'll have a set of disposable blades along with the VL blades as a backup, if the funding is approved this year. (The green disposable blades don't work with an intubrite handle, I was told.)

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Anyone have any experience with these blades?

http://intubrite.com/disposable-laryngoscope-blades/

We use them exclusively for DL, with king vision and king airway as our other choices, we also have bougies available but I think I'm the only one that uses those. I do really love the ergonomics of them, but I personally feel (and everyone at my dept agrees) that they don't actually make the cords "glow" as advertised.

blindsideflank

Forum Lieutenant
Our service just ran a little survey on 3 types and We would have a chance to play with them on dummies and leave comments.

We had those (purple ones) green ones and white ones with a non-bendable handle (they were fused as one)

Purple was a bright blue light but the handle felt slippery

Green was preferred as it was just a plain laryngoscope, nothing stood out
http://www.smiths-medical.com/catal...able-blades/fibre-optic-light-disposable.html

White was extremely bright and preferred by most because of that but they wouldn't fit into a kit and were a little slippery. Also there was concern in those situations where you may insert the blade then attach the handle (I've personally never been in such a situation)
http://www.completemedical.com/showBrowseProductDetails.php?id=WA56901
It has a batter pack you slide into the handle, and after a while the connection was weak and the light would dim, but this is a disposable blade, so probably a non issue

Ultimately it didnt really matter, we just had the option to nitpick so we did

Last edited by a moderator:

jwk

Forum Captain
Not sure of our brand, but we use similar metal disposable blades and have totally abandoned use of reusable blades and disposable plastic blades (except for those that are used with the GlideScope). Cheap and soooo much brighter than standard reusable laryngoscope blades thanks to using LED lighting.

I checked. We use Rusch EquipLite blades. They fit on a standard battery-only laryngoscope handle (no light source on the handle). Each size/style is a different color.

OP
OP
K

KingCountyMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Sounds like we will be checking these out, thanks for replies. So the black light doesn't make anything glow eh? We currently use fiber optic re-useable blades. We messed around with some crappy plastic disposables many years ago in our light weight "over the hill" kits.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Sounds like we will be checking these out, thanks for replies. So the black light doesn't make anything glow eh? We currently use fiber optic re-useable blades. We messed around with some crappy plastic disposables many years ago in our light weight "over the hill" kits.

No glowing in my experience, but like I said the ergonomics of that handle are amazing..