Interview

Gymgirl21

Forum Ride Along
Hey all, i have an interview with Ambuserve coming up soon. any suggestions or comments? i'm a brand new EMT needing experience, so keep that in mind too. thanks :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Be confident, not cocky. Be direct, but polite. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear, tell them the truth. Be prepared for standard interview questions ie "Tell me about yourself" "Why do you want to do this job" "What is a flaw of yours" type questions. Smile, shake all the interviewers' hands and introduce yourself to all of them.

Calm, cool and collected and your golden. I just went through the interview process so I understand the anxiety your feeling.

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
It's okay to feel anxious. Just remember to review and prepare yourself for some of the questions they may ask so you are not completely surprised. Even if they do surprise you with one, just take a deep breath and think about it before you speak. Because many times the nerves we get want it all over ASAP, so we just throw stuff out of our mouths without thinking. Think before you act or say anything. And always, be polite and respectful. Plus, surfing through similar threads here will help ! Good luck ! :)

Steam Engine

Forum Lieutenant
Familiarize yourself with the basics of the company, such as where they're located, major contracts that they hold, normal service area, and so forth. That way, if the interviewer asks you something along the lines of, "So, what have you heard about X Ambulance Service?", you'll be able to provide an answer. Not all interviewers will ask this, but it's good to be prepared. Aside from that, the rest of the advice here sounds good...good luck!

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
Uh, don't break a leg. Got my protocol rides in and three rides later, I broke my fibula when stepping in a pot hole and haven't ridden EMS since. Hopefully, back in the saddle soon after next orthopedic visit.:rolleyes:

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Hey all, i have an interview with Ambuserve coming up soon. any suggestions or comments? i'm a brand new EMT needing experience, so keep that in mind too. thanks :)

I know you're new at this and I had to learn the hard way. But next time, don't say the service you have an interview with; cause then what happens.. Everyone and their mom applies or calls because they know that theyre hiring and you might have just possibly screwed yourself out of a job. Just a thought...

Anyways its like any other interview, practice makes perfect... Confidence is golden, and run over your emt skills so you can nail any questions the interviewer fires off.. Good luck!

smokey13500

Forum Ride Along
So Katy how was the interview? Do you have your certificate to drive an ambulance? I am a new EMT that is why I am asking. Thanks

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Congrats