Kaytea

Forum Ride Along
So, quick background, I passed my EMT-B back in early May this year and then my cognitive exam towards the end of the same month. We did all of our psychomotor skills tests throughout our course so the NREMT exam should have been my last step to getting my certification. I was so incredibly excited to finally start a career in my dream field; yet I'm still waiting.

Basically, my instructor tells me he sent all of my required paperwork to state ems, who should then send it to the NREMT. Both of them have confirmation that I completed my course, but state ems insists they have nothing about my psychomotor results and therefore neither does the NREMT.
Every time I speak with my instructor he says he's sent them everything and that they're at fault for the wait (nearly 3 months now), but state ems blames their lack of info on my instructor being noncompliant and never giving them anything.

I'm tired of the back and forth with both of them yielding no results, and the NREMT says they don't offer proctored EMT B psychomotor exams now that it's part of the course, so I can't even just retake them. I'm at a complete loss and I'm moving states soon. They've already cost me job opportunities with how long they're taking and I have no idea who to contact to finally get everything rounded up and pushed through.

It's a vicious incompetent cycle and I'm running out of time to solve it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Have your instructor resend the paperwork?

For where I am we send it to the NREMT. The state will certify us after we have NREMT.

OP
OP
K

Kaytea

Forum Ride Along
Have your instructor resend the paperwork?

For where I am we send it to the NREMT. The state will certify us after we have NREMT.
He supposedly has at least twice already. I'm starting to think both him and the state are lying. Is there any way for me to bypass their unwillingness to cooperate?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Call the state and see if you can mail it in yourself

I highly doubt the state and your instructor are both lying..