Inside One of the Country’s Busiest EMS Stations That Serves the City of Los Angeles

VentMonkey

Family Guy
God bless NEMSIS:rolleyes:.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Not quite. The billing is pretty specific. Just having a medic on a BLS call doesn't automatically allow you to bill as an ALS call. However, you CAN bill the call as ALS 1 if you perform an ALS intervention or perform an ALS assessment. (Which every medic should do, and document as such.)

ALS 2 is when you perform 3 separate medication admins or perform an advanced procedure such as electrical therapy, advanced airway or the like.

Isn't an ALS assessment defined by an assessment conducted by an ALS provider? Or does it have some specific criteria?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Isn't an ALS assessment defined by an assessment conducted by an ALS provider? Or does it have some specific criteria?

I've seen some ALS providers provide a BLS assessment [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I plead the 5th!

200w.gif

Back on topic everybody

VentMonkey

Family Guy
And yet it keeps coming up, and we say the same things lol
Yep, I agree. Back to DrP's original post though. It's nothing new, it (most likely) will never change; and yes, they did at one time, and most likely still do have to have other RA's (ambulances) backfill for that station due to shear volume. Couple all of this with the complete lack of drive, desire, and interest in prehospital medicine itself.

My paramedic preceptor did his paramedic internship at another LAFD station the next district up. He told me about their name, and the move ups; this was in the 80's and things haven't changed, so, yeah.