In need of help from creative minds

*ofLife

Forum Crew Member
I speak to driver's ed classes about accident prevention and what to do if you're involved in an accident. My main focus is wearing a seat belt. This semester, I'm ordering wrist bands that have some sort of slogan on them to encourage kids to buckle up. But "buckle up" just doesn't seem to be strong enough for my purpose. I've looked at a lot of different sites for ideas, but nothing really seems appropriate for teens.

If anyone has any ideas or has heard a good one before, please let me know. I'm running short on time.

Thanks!

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Show them some nice big coloured (colored) photo's of the windscreen's that the patient's have just gone through, because they weren't wearing their seat belts!
And maybe an after shot of a wheelchair, for the lucky ones!

Cheers Enjoynz

OP
OP
*ofLife

*ofLife

Forum Crew Member
Oh trust me, I've got plenty of pictures! :p

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Slogan what about: 'Buckle up- It's in your hands!' or 'Buckle up - It's your life!' or 'Buckle up and see tomorrow!'

Cheers Enjoynz

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
As for the wristbands...

"buckle up or eat glass" (found when I google image searched buckle up)
"click it or die"
something about "55 every day"... based on statistics 55 deaths that could've been prevented had the person been wearing a seat belt occur every day in America.

I don't know how much space you have.. but something along the lines of "the question isn't whether you will crash or not. the question is... will you survive?"

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
*ofLife

*ofLife

Forum Crew Member
these are great so far, keep 'em coming.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
While you're there maybe you could say a word or two about pulling to the right for emergency vehicles. I often see young drivers just stopping, hoping that we somehow can maneuver our huge run through the obstacle course of stopped drivers.

OminousFinding

Forum Probie
Any of the above phrases would seem good, although I think you may be using the wrong medium to convey the message. What are 15 and 16 year olds going to do with a wristband? Lance's "Livestrong" yellow bands were popular, and all the celebs were wearing them, but that's because he's Lance B)

Thought about having something printed on a keychain instead? Something that might actually make it into their car and stick around for a while--even if it ends up on a set of extra keys?

OP
OP
*ofLife

*ofLife

Forum Crew Member
Ominous, that's a great idea! The original reason that I went with wrist bands was because they've been really popular with that generation...not only because of Lance, though he's sort of the founder.:p

I'm starting to look into key chains now, so thanks again. Any more slogan ideas? I suppose with the key chains, I could probably fit more text onto them, to that really leaves room for more ideas.

OminousFinding

Forum Probie
Ominous, that's a great idea! The original reason that I went with wrist bands was because they've been really popular with that generation...not only because of Lance, though he's sort of the founder.:p

I'm starting to look into key chains now, so thanks again. Any more slogan ideas? I suppose with the key chains, I could probably fit more text onto them, to that really leaves room for more ideas.

You can also do lanyards (with a keyring) attached at the end. Those are popular esp with the sports crowd because you can hang/tie/toss/stuff your keys places AND you can fit a really long slogan on them.

Just an idea:

"Buckle up--It makes it harder for aliens to snatch you from your car"
"You can learn a lot from a dummy--Buckle up!"
"Buckle up (insert State here)"

(all of which were blatantly stolen from a quick Google search) ;)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/11A8J5VPPML._AA280_.jpg

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Maybe a lanyard slogan could be:

Wear your seatbelt like your life depended on it!

Think seatbelts are uncomfortable? Try a wheelchair

Not fastening your seatbelt could be the last mistake you ever make

Roll your car first, roll a wheelchair forever

Just a few off the top of my noodle; apologies if they were lifted from somewhere... :p

OP
OP
*ofLife

*ofLife

Forum Crew Member
lanyards, thats a good one, too. looks like i might be getting a $2000 grant from State Farm, so that'll help. I like the one about aliens lol Any other ideas?

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
"Buckle up--It makes it harder for aliens to snatch you from your car"
LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!

Wear your seatbelt like your life depended on it!
Think seatbelts are uncomfortable? Try a wheelchair
Not fastening your seatbelt could be the last mistake you ever make
Roll your car first, roll a wheelchair forever
Good ones!

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
In my state (Miss), lack of seat belt use is now a primary offense. Meaning they can pull you over and write you a ticket just for not wearing your seat belt. The state trooper's slogan on their PSA campaign is: "Click it or ticket".

If your state is like ours, you can use that.

OP
OP
*ofLife

*ofLife

Forum Crew Member
Its the same law in WI, and that's one I've heard a lot. Its catchy, but my message goes a lot deeper than "you'll get fined." Thanks for the idea, though. :)

OP
OP
*ofLife

*ofLife

Forum Crew Member
lol Guardian, I like that one a lot...however, I don't think all those angry soccer moms would agree:p

OP
OP
*ofLife

*ofLife

Forum Crew Member
Oh, BTW Everyone--

I'm meeting with the state level (WI) Human Resources people from State Farm on April 2 or 3 to discuss getting sponsored. They usually offer a $2,000 grant to things like this, but they seem to have a special interest in what I'm doing. They've also mentioned something about me speaking at hearings...

could be interesting. Keep the ideas coming. I love reading them.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Something like this:

You don't have to wear a seatbelt in a wheelchair.