Impulse vs. American Professional

alexjs

Forum Ride Along
Trying to figure out which would be nicer to work at but i can't really find much info online (im a new emt-b)

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Neither. They're both the same low quality BLS IFT companies. See my advice the last time you asked about impulse.
If you're dead set on taking grandma to and from dialysis, or bringing someone home from the hospital, then pick whichever one is closer to your house, pays better, and works with your schedule. I can say impulse will work with your schedule pretty well, because they're so desperate for employees.

OP
OP
A

alexjs

Forum Ride Along
Neither. They're both the same low quality BLS IFT companies. See my advice the last time you asked about impulse.
If you're dead set on taking grandma to and from dialysis, or bringing someone home from the hospital, then pick whichever one is closer to your house, pays better, and works with your schedule. I can say impulse will work with your schedule pretty well, because they're so desperate for employees.

Thank you for the advice, im definitely applying to more reputable companies at the moment but based on me being new / having not much job experience i may need to take a job somewhere less than ideal at first?? Ill definitely just choose the most convenient one then if it comes to that but hopefully not

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Impulse already have their county license, i am not seeing apa having trouble getting it. APA is a much bigger company compare to impulse.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Thank you for the advice, im definitely applying to more reputable companies at the moment but based on me being new / having not much job experience i may need to take a job somewhere less than ideal at first?? Ill definitely just choose the most convenient one then if it comes to that but hopefully not

AMR, CARE, and Bowers will all hire new EMTs without experience. So will Hall. So that's no excuse. Set your standards higher. Just because you're new doesn't mean you have to work a ****ty job. I wish I would have known that when I started.

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
I would pick the one who has ambulances in my favorite colors.

In all seriousness though, please do not make the same mistake a lot of us did and settle for LA County when the grass really is greener in nearby areas.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Here:
AMR
BOWERS
CARE
SCHAEFER
MCCORMICK

You cant go wrong with the top 5!
If you don't mind the drive go to Harveys aka Hall Ambulance in Bakersfield.
Don't feed the dialysis machine.