Illegal immigrant to sue First Responders who rescued him for taking too long.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
How about this. Let him sue them, and see how it plays out in court. Then after the decision is made deport him back and let him use our money that we gave him to come back legally.

If there was a true negligent act that caused him harm, then he deserves the payout regardless of immigration status. But I don't see any harm here...
this

Mjolnir

Forum Probie
Also, I'm in agreement that every person on this planet is endowed with certain unalienable rights that should not be infringed and without any reservations;

I realize I'm a few days late to the party, but hey, forums are all about people supplying their opinion when it was clearly not asked for :)D)

Unfortunately, being born on Planet Earth does not grant you any rights. You're not guaranteed food, strength, talents, or really anything. To quote a movie I recently saw..."Your birthright is to die." That is all we're guaranteed by living on this planet. Personally, I've noticed it more from Americans, who are in fact born and granted rights...people in third-world Africa don't run around *****ing on Facebook that their iPhone doesn't have good reception, or that their EBT card isn't working.

In regard to this specific instance; yes, as EMS providers/decent human beings, we should do everything in our power to save/help people. The judge should have the common sense to toss this out of court, and have the ungrateful POS deported the hell out of here.

KellyBracket

Forum Captain
Also late to the party. I think you guys are picking on the wrong person.

I'm sure the plaintiff has very few resources, and is not paying for a lawyer out of his own pocket. Almost certainly, a lawyer is working for a contingency fee, perhaps as high as 50% (and maybe only after legal fees). Which means the plaintiff probably stands to win frak-all.

So, my take on this is that this guy is getting taken advantage of by a US citizen, a lawyer who is willing to take the risk of having his client receive death threats, so that they (the lawyer) have a shot at the lottery.

The plaintiff is being put up to this, and I bet that most scrupulous attorneys would not have taken this case.

EDIT: Evidently, the attorney is Ed Ferszt. His website states that "Mr. Ferszt is a regularly featured guest on a variety of a.m. radio consumer protection programs and has been called upon to to offer legal opinion on various media outlets in the Denver metro area." I.e., He likes media attention. Fancy that!

Last edited by a moderator: