If you had a choice.....

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I worked at riverside amr for a couple of years and would definitely recommend them over la and oc.

I am now at Hall and love it aswell. This is simply a better run system in the county of Kern.

Hall = better.

Let's not forget about San Bernardino County AMR- Victorville, Rancho Cucamonga, and Redlands. Talk about awesome ALS experience.

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
I worked at riverside amr for a couple of years and would definitely recommend them over la and oc.

I am now at Hall and love it aswell. This is simply a better run system in the county of Kern.

Do you work Metro or East Kern? Anyway, I agree Kern County is a well run system. I love working for Liberty in the Kern River Valley.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Hall = better.

definitely agree. On many levels

Let's not forget about San Bernardino County AMR- Victorville, Rancho Cucamonga, and Redlands. Talk about awesome ALS experience.

if I were to go back to amr I would go to either riverside or victorville. Rancho amr sucks besides the equipment. Ontario, rancho fire are all a bunch of as*holes.

Do you work Metro or East Kern? Anyway, I agree Kern County is a well run system. I love working for Liberty in the Kern River Valley.

I work metro. East Kern would be very nice.
Those east Kern 48s are awesome. XX00XX00XX00000000....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
definitely agree. On many levels

if I were to go back to amr I would go to either riverside or victorville. Rancho amr sucks besides the equipment. Ontario, rancho fire are all a bunch of as*holes.

I work metro. East Kern would be very nice.
Those east Kern 48s are awesome. XX00XX00XX00000000....

You wouldn't come to the desert??

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
Yeah that is the old Care. Liberty now covers Lake Isabella, Kernville, and the whole Kern River Valley as well as the Ridgecrest/Trona/Middle of nowhere, possibly right next to hell it is so hot. They have 4 stations and 8ALS units per shift. The shifts are 48s and 72s. They used to work 96s but that recently changed. There are only two shifts so you work 7 days out of 14. Pay is around 10/hour, however with all the hours worked and build on overtime, it is slightly more than 50K a year I believe.

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
Here is a two week rotation where X is a day worked and O is an off day.

XXOOXXXOOXXOOO

There are also companies who will let you work a strait 60. So for example you would work from Saturday at 0800 to Monday at 2000 and then be off until the next Saturday at 0800.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Here is a two week rotation where X is a day worked and O is an off day.

XXOOXXXOOXXOOO

There are also companies who will let you work a strait 60. So for example you would work from Saturday at 0800 to Monday at 2000 and then be off until the next Saturday at 0800.

Oo where is that? Delano or Kern?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Yeah that is the old Care. Liberty now covers Lake Isabella, Kernville, and the whole Kern River Valley as well as the Ridgecrest/Trona/Middle of nowhere, possibly right next to hell it is so hot. They have 4 stations and 8ALS units per shift. The shifts are 48s and 72s. They used to work 96s but that recently changed. There are only two shifts so you work 7 days out of 14. Pay is around 10/hour, however with all the hours worked and build on overtime, it is slightly more than 50K a year I believe.

Burroughs High School, Ridgecrest, 2007.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver

Hall is great. The one caveat is if you want to go Fire, keep it to yourself. In my experience, management really wants to keep you there. AMR is a bit more understanding if you have further career goals. In RivCo, I would look at AMR Desert or Hemet, rather than Riverside.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Hall is great. The one caveat is if you want to go Fire, keep it to yourself. In my experience, management really wants to keep you there. AMR is a bit more understanding if you have further career goals. In RivCo, I would look at AMR Desert or Hemet, rather than Riverside.

Yes they have a very low turn over. I think its 56% of employees are here for over 5yrs. I would like hemet division because of their bls department and great management from what I would here from all your guys when they came into riverside.