If you could have anything you want on your ambulance

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
I find that the mounted suction container in the rear of our Frazier ambulance doubles nicely as a cup holder. (discliamer: make sure to disinfect and clean thoughly first.)

I guess it does have a couple holes for a straw!
Reminds me of an episode of scrubs...Some people see a bed pan and think soup bowl...
:beerchug:

keith10247

Forum Lieutenant
cup holders
plugs for IPODs and other electronics
cup holders
a copy of the latest protocols
cup holders
a working stretcher
cup holders
extra blankets
cup holders

firecoins, judging by your response, I am sensing you also have a cup holder issue! Have you tried the window mounted ones? If you do, make sure your partner is not in the passenger seat when you slam the door! And if they are, I hope that it is at the end of your shift!

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
A cloning machine that clones Monstermedics and deploys them to the calls im sapposed to be on :rolleyes:woot woot
i will have the same please.:) but i will also take a full service kitchen and a bed...king size please.

mattulance

Forum Crew Member
M bottles with O2 are boring ,a keg the size of a M bottle would be better and taps with ohio fittings :beer at 15 lpm, seriously microwaves would be nice, and back up cameras.

FireNinja

Forum Probie
I would kill for a back up camera, also when the nube drops the PT. we can sit back and watch it again and again.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
One of those small forklifts I always see on the back of lumber trucks.

Or one of those exoskeletons the Army's working on so I don't feel quite as effeminate letting a machine do all the lifting.

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
A force field to keep the fire fighters out. If the patient isn't on fire, then there's no need for fire fighters and if the patient IS on fire, they shouldn't be in the ambulance yet anyways.

LMFAO thats pretty funny JPINFV.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
ambulance dont(usually) come stock with cup holders for the simple reason that your not supposed to be consuming food in an ambulance.

now, of course we all do it. but that doesnt make it right.

ive come up with a few solutions. at one company i worked for, i just installed cup holders in all the trucks. for a buck and a half a piece(which i collected from the crews of those trucks) it was a simple fix.

if thats not possible, i have another solution. my "duty" bag is a smallish backpack commonly used for hiking. on either side are water bottle holders. mine will hold a large dunkin donuts cup. it has a loop at the top for carrying the bag. if one were to take that loop, place it around the "female" end of the seatbelt and snug the bag right up against the seat. havent had it tip over yet.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
ambulance dont(usually) come stock with cup holders for the simple reason that your not supposed to be consuming food in an ambulance.

now, of course we all do it. but that doesnt make it right.

ive come up with a few solutions. at one company i worked for, i just installed cup holders in all the trucks. for a buck and a half a piece(which i collected from the crews of those trucks) it was a simple fix.

if thats not possible, i have another solution. my "duty" bag is a smallish backpack commonly used for hiking. on either side are water bottle holders. mine will hold a large dunkin donuts cup. it has a loop at the top for carrying the bag. if one were to take that loop, place it around the "female" end of the seatbelt and snug the bag right up against the seat. havent had it tip over yet.

good idea!

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
mines a little smaller, but this is basically what i was talking about:

bag.jpg

seshan

Forum Crew Member
to be honest- any of the medical equiptment i have so i can make some coin.

ask for my products!

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
A working MDT/KDT/AVL/whatever you want to call it:rolleyes:

and only legit patients;)

Contadinella

Forum Ride Along
Ah blowtube or blastpipe to sedate patients, relatives and annoying people without getting near them. Ups din´t you see this HUGE wasp coming? Seems you are allergic and you fainted. Lucky we were there.

Conta

DBieniek

Forum Crew Member
I would want to never have a need to use a band-aid. :glare:

As far as what to ADD: I'd say a scoop stretcher would be nice! Either that or "insta-medic" - medic in a can!

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
In the "action area" of the patent compartment (my agency uses "Leader" ambulances, and thus the small work space on the right side of the jump seat where the suction usually is, is termed the action area) you can make a simple cup holder with looped medical tape. Place your drink on the surface and loop some tape that has been double sided so the adhesive sides are stuck to eachother, around your cup. Presto!