I seriously spent 12hrs straight looking through this site....

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
**Nothing important, SORRY**
So it's slow today at work, only 2 babies here today and I am very eager and excited for my first day thursday! So I searched back to the first post of the EMS Talk thread, and I have been reading it for 12 HOURS!!!!
SERIOUSLY!!! I am exhausted, and have read a lot of helpful things!! I hope tomorrow is slow so I can go back to the begining of the BLS thread and read on as well!!! LOL
Again, just had to post something as I have been staring at this screen for way to long; and my hands were numb!!!

Thindian

Forum Crew Member
If you spent the same amount of time reading a book that may be relevant to adding to your knowledge of emergency medicine, you would benefit from it greatly. Staring at a computer screen for 12 hours isn't healthy. If you would like me to recommend a few books for you to kill time (and improve your EM understanding), PM me.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
If you spent the same amount of time reading a book that may be relevant to adding to your knowledge of emergency medicine, you would benefit from it greatly. Staring at a computer screen for 12 hours isn't healthy. If you would like me to recommend a few books for you to kill time (and improve your EM understanding), PM me.

Thindian, i am interested in the list of books you recomend. I have been reading alot of EMS relevant books lately.

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Well to tell you the truth, we are unable to read books on the job, as it looks unprofessional; is what I am told. But our computers are faced to us, and not towards patients or family members, so we can use the computer! This is why i have been staring at this screen for so long. But I would love to know the books you are suggesting!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Well to tell you the truth, we are unable to read books on the job, as it looks unprofessional; is what I am told. But our computers are faced to us, and not towards patients or family members, so we can use the computer! This is why i have been staring at this screen for so long. But I would love to know the books you are suggesting!!!

studying looks unprofessional? do you guys not have a station?

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
studying looks unprofessional? do you guys not have a station?

LOL...We have a nurses station that is in view of the patients, and there families! It is an open station, not inclosed. And they will tell you "you are here to work, not study!!! When your here, your here!!" So ya, they pretty much are against HOME WORK on the job, or reading, etc. But if we are on the computers, we look busy!!! LOL

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
LOL...We have a nurses station that is in view of the patients, and there families! It is an open station, not inclosed. And they will tell you "you are here to work, not study!!! When your here, your here!!" So ya, they pretty much are against HOME WORK on the job, or reading, etc. But if we are on the computers, we look busy!!! LOL

oh. see i was under the impression you got a job with a transport service. if you work behind a nurses station, why were you worried about maps?

JPINFV

Gadfly
oh. see i was under the impression you got a job with a transport service. if you work behind a nurses station, why were you worried about maps?

From what I've read, it looks like she also works in a nursery at a local hospital in addition to the new ambulance job.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
How about downloading some books. That way you can "study" at the same time as staring at the computer screen.

mcdonl

Forum Captain
Times have changed....

I remember when I first started at the hospital I work at... it was about 15 years ago and the end of the "read the newspaper with the feet on the desk...." era.

Now, it is read the newspaper online... or the onion, EMTLIFE, etc....

Countrygirl.... I have some Data CD's I use... One is from the Brady book, and the other is from AAOS and I pop those in and study while working all the time.

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, I work in the Nursery at our local hospital! I've just recently been employed by a 911 agency! Which I am EXTREMELY excited about! And thanks everyone for link's, and CD suggestions!!! I will defiantely put those to use!!!
LMAO...I wish I could prop my feet up on the desk and read a paper!!! Hell, I cant even TIE MY SHOES without looking unprofessional around here!! O-well, this is why I would like to get out of the hospital atmospyhere!!!

allvitals09

Forum Crew Member

I would also like that list please.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief

Thindian

Forum Crew Member
Everyone that's PMed me and responded to this thread asking for the list, I will send it to you when I get home (in a couple hours). Sorry for making you gents wait since yesterday!