I need some networking

Nova1300

Forum Lieutenant
Reaction score
Is anyone working on their EMT-P license in an ICU setting? If so, where and can you get me a job description, scope of practice and what your day to day job looks like?

Do you have Pyxis access?
Can you give narcs?
Can you draw blood and place lines or IVs ?
Are you credentialed to intubate?

And specifically if you are practicing to the full extent of your licensure in-hospital, I want contact info for your employer.

Thank you!!!

Is anyone working on their EMT-P license in an ICU setting? If so, where and can you get me a job description, scope of practice and what your day to day job looks like?

Do you have Pyxis access?
Can you give narcs?
Can you draw blood and place lines or IVs ?
Are you credentialed to intubate?

And specifically if you are practicing to the full extent of your licensure in-hospital, I want contact info for your employer.

Thank you!!!
Why do you want this information and for our members to potentially dox themselves?

Honestly I can’t imagine a medic being super useful in the ICU..

My ED recently changed to allow medics to do everything within their scope and it has some benefit but overall it’s not super impactful..

Medics in an urgent care or in an ED is one thing but I don’t really see the point of having a medic in the ICU.

Lots of Nursing functions, training, knowledge is not a part of Paramedic skills. That Nursing level knowledge and training is critical in providing patient care. It’s not all sticking lines, cardioverting, and pushing limited allowed meds. It’s much, much, more.

Hell…even making a bed properly is important.

Lots of Nursing functions, training, knowledge is not a part of Paramedic skills. That Nursing level knowledge and training is critical in providing patient care. It’s not all sticking lines, cardioverting, and pushing limited allowed meds. It’s much, much, more.

Hell…even making a bed properly is important.
1,000%

Back