I Need Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic417

The Truth Provider
::sniff:: ::sniff::
I love the smell of trolling in the mornin'. Smells like drama.

This site has had a number of prank threads, and I don't think any of them have been accompanied by quite as much "professional outrage". Yes, deflating an ambulance's tire, even if it's IFT, is not cool. I think everybody agreed on that. Does anyone here seriously believe that plastic-wrapping someone's POV is equivalent to that in any relevant respects?
medic417 and the rest of the low-post-strong-opinion crowd, could you explain why a non-destructive, non-public prank (e.g. Saran Wrap as above) is unacceptable?

Actually it can damage paint etc. Plus what if the persons family calls with emergency now what? And I aint no troll. I am just sick of people bringing EMS down to such unprofessional levels. We need to raise the bar. We need to clean up our act as a whole group.

boingo

Forum Asst. Chief
A flat tire is not a harmless prank. She wants to get revenge, thus escalating things. Whats next? They take your stretcher while your not looking? I have a great sense of humor (my opinion) enjoy ball busting and the occasional prank, but this sounds like a bunch of 12 year olds working in a profession with enough problems, the last thing we need are a bunch of EMT's having this posted on the internet. You know there are cameras everywhere, right? I wouldn't want to have someone video me flattening a tire on an ambulance. Time to grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:

LE-EMT

Forum Lieutenant
I agree with medic on several parts of this. Professionalism is key in this buisness. Pranks are fun and generally harmless. I have seen people hurt because of sensless pranks but it is so few and far between. I have seen people get hurt climbing into their rigs more often. There are acceptable pranks and unacceptable. Most of you should beable to use common sense and choose which is which.
I also think that things in this thread have been blown out of proportion. Seriously, not everyone has the same views as you medic. I understand you are trying to look out for EMS as a whole. You are on one side of it all so there has to be another side right?? So we take sasha the prankster and medic the ........Extreme professional breed them and we might have a DARN good EMS professional who likes to joke and have a good time.
Sasha stay away from anything that can keep them from doing their job. Find out where they post mess with them there. Prank calls in the middle of the night. Something like that. Stay away from the rig you are just asking for an accident or some one to lose their job.
Most importantly have fun and do your jobs. EVERYONE

medic417

The Truth Provider

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
I think everyone has expressed their points and it's time to let this thread die before it continues down the path I think it is.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This thread has run its course. You're more than welcome to start a new thread on professionalism if you'd like.

Like anything in life, there is a line that is sometimes crossed. The problem is that not all of us have the same values, and that "line" isn't the same for everyone. I'm not going to say what is right and what is wrong, but there are harmless pranks, and pranks that put the public and ourselves in danger. Just as important, this site is visited by tens of thousands of different people each month, both employers and the public. Please be careful about what you post online.

Status
Not open for further replies.