I just applied to CARE ambulance.

Bcez19

Forum Probie
Can anyone tell me about their hiring process and training after being hired? I have tried to research but unfortunately can't find much. Any advice or information you have will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

OP
OP
B

Bcez19

Forum Probie
Thank you. I'm also looking for more information regarding what their training is if I get hired.

wtferick

Forum Captain
Hiring process. Test similar to the state test. Simple questions. After this portion you shall either move onto skills and or interview.
Interview questions are simple. Just make sure you answer ALL of them.

Once you get hired. A physical shall be given. Treadmill. Lifting weights up to 130-140 pounds up 3 steps a total of 3 times. You can not place the weights down. Then onto a back test. This is where most new hires fail. Just make sure you push hard and fast. It's a weird contraption...

Orienatation for about 2 weeks. Around the last day of this process. EVOC course. FTOs are with you this whole time. Just have fun.

2 weeks of FTO time from anywhere like San Clemente all the way to East LA. Show up 30 mins early.

Get cleared. Have fun with the IFT shifts ;)

BryanR

Forum Probie
Hiring process. Test similar to the state test. Simple questions. After this portion you shall either move onto skills and or interview.
Interview questions are simple. Just make sure you answer ALL of them.

Once you get hired. A physical shall be given. Treadmill. Lifting weights up to 130-140 pounds up 3 steps a total of 3 times. You can not place the weights down. Then onto a back test. This is where most new hires fail. Just make sure you push hard and fast. It's a weird contraption...

Orienatation for about 2 weeks. Around the last day of this process. EVOC course. FTOs are with you this whole time. Just have fun.

2 weeks of FTO time from anywhere like San Clemente all the way to East LA. Show up 30 mins early.

Get cleared. Have fun with the IFT shifts ;)

I don't know if it's only temporary, but for now, new hires can't drive for the first few months. I think they cut down on the Orientation and FTO shifts as well. They are trying to get people in the field ASAP to fill the new EOAs. Good luck! You chose a great company to apply for!

wtferick

Forum Captain
I don't know if it's only temporary, but for now, new hires can't drive for the first few months. I think they cut down on the Orientation and FTO shifts as well. They are trying to get people in the field ASAP to fill the new EOAs. Good luck! You chose a great company to apply for!
Glad they switched back to the old system. Less accidents.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
What he means is Kern County.
Or just out of LA, and/ or Orange County period. If they got with the times (which they never will) I'd be back in a heartbeat.

Also, FWIW my "dream" base is in Fullerton.

BryanR

Forum Probie
Or just out of LA, and/ or Orange County period. If they got with the times (which they never will) I'd be back in a heartbeat.

Also, FWIW my "dream" base is in Fullerton.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "get with the times"?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anyone have any other advice? I'll take anything you have. Thank you.
Care is only good for EMTs who want to persue a care with LACo Fire. If you want to progress as a healthcare practitioner, seek employment elsewhere.

EMTs at Care are limited to bring EMTs. I believe they have a handful of paramedics for transfers but they are not permitted to function as ALS providers in 911 calls.

If you want to be a firefighter, some Care units are stationed in fire stations.

If you want to be an actual healthcare provider in EMS, about the best you can do is Kern County. There are plenty of threads, so search or message me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
And their (LA and OC FFPM's) medicine sucks.

Reactions: NPO

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I don't even think they cut tape in LA anymore?
Whatever will an EMT do without the proverbial "skinnies or fats?" question??...as they pull their pre-stripped 500 bag from their tackle box already primed then proceed to attach it directly to the IV they start BEFORE having said EMT carry the patient, rip it out, blame you, then restart it--again--directly to the catheter of the IV.

What's that? This is a flash pulmonary edema patient? Saline locked?! Hogwash!!!

Have fun with all that jazz LA and OC "fire call" EMT's.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Just make sure to only take main streets during heavy traffic and avoid taking side streets as short cuts... or you'll get written up.

Is this for real real or play play?