I got in!

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Hey all,

Just wanted to share that I've officially been accepted into Northeastern University's Paramedic Program! 6 months didactic, 6 months practical time in all of Boston Medical Center's various departments, then 2 weeks with the FDNY.
I may follow up the course with the Associates Degree program which they also offer.
Here's the long road ahead:excl::)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
That's awesome news! I understand they have a great program! I'm all for an Associates degree. Please keep us updated on how everything goes!

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
Have fun, Boston will be a great place to live. You'll get great clinical time.

OP
OP
SwissEMT

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I've lived here for many years. Love that brown water! I think there are a few Boston residents around here, no?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I was born in Fall River and spent a lot of time in Boston growing up. Haven't been back in a few years though.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I live in Cambridge, which is where I go to school. I got a GPS for driving around so now I love Boston even more.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I just took the NEU EMT-B course and it was excellent. I understand that the paramedic program is up for some changes-- it should be interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:

Epi-do

I see dead people
Congrats on getting into medic school! I have my interview on Wednesday, and will be getting notified a few days after that. I am feeling pretty confident about getting accepted, so hopefully I will be posting something similar in the next week or so.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Coming from an almost finished with medic school...way to stressed out to even begin to put it into words....only 9 more 24 hr clinicals and 6 more class days to go...did I mentioned stressed almost - no actually to- tears....GOD WILL THIS EVER END.....medic student....

What the heck are you thinking man!!?!??! Trust me....Being an EMT isn't so bad afterall.....

Okay...I feel better....

Seriously.....Congrats on getting in. Good luck, it will totally be worth it in the end.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Congrats!!!^_^:)^_^

Amack

Forum Crew Member
Congrats!:):):)