I feel funny.... BLS , but ALS feel free to contribute

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My line of thought and reasoning here, is that given the fact that this is a brady, I wouldn't expect to see an AVB, otherwise I would expect that the symptomatology would revert, even temporarily, because at least in my experience, AVB's don't tend to go anywhere. My first hunch without an ECG would have been a Brady-dependent Bundle-branch block, although this is much more rare than the tachycardia-dependent variety. of course, we can't rOeally rule out any of the bradycardia's without the ECG- but without one that would have been my hunch. Because we KNOW that Sinus Brady by itself usually doesn't cause unpredictable and intermittent symptoms, we know this PROBABLY isn't an outright sinus rhythm- but rather something else more properly attaches. sure enough though, there were ocassional PVCs. (i.e. something BESIDES Sinus Brady). PVCs tend to make me a bit nervous, personally. Mainly because every time I've seen them regularly Their much unwanted cousin seems to end up showing up to the party. (AKA a run of VT- which could be defined as three or more multiple PVCs) Bottom line- 9 times out of ten- Without having ECG redilly available I'd be keeping the possibility of a code in the back of my mind until you have more specific information, because even in the ACLS sense (yet alone the BLS sense of things) you DON'T want to be collecting equipment AFTER the crap has done hit the fan and your knee deep in something. I'd rather lug out 3 times the equipment I need than not have something I need optimally in the next 30 seconds, which is going to take a good minute to retrieve. Always consider the worst possible case, and then consider worse than that.
I am sure how you came to any of these conclusions/hunches based on the scenario provided.

Sure, know where the AED is. Taking the 100 dollar pads out or something like...maybe not.

bakertaylor28

Forum Lieutenant
I am sure how you came to any of these conclusions/hunches based on the scenario provided.

Sure, know where the AED is. Taking the 100 dollar pads out or something like...maybe not.
So then you are sure that you agree with me- therefore then why the ? And I"m not necessarily saying have the pads on the patient, but rather I'm saying have the AED within close proximity, As your not going to be wanting to fetch it at the last minute.