Hurricane Irma

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Isn't as bad as they predicted thus far.
@akflightmedic how are you doing, sir?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
http://abc7ny.com/weather/ny-national-guard-playing-vital-role-in-hurricane-irma-relief/2401169/
bonus points if you see me!
@SandpitMedic nowhere near as bad as they predicted, it also helped that people actually left, and seriously prepared.
luckily south western florida(naples area) didn't see the 12-15 foot storm surge they were predicting, instead only about 7-8

Edit: dr p's post reminded me, BOIL YOUR WATER. water pipes broke, and no power. has been the root of most issues at least in collier county.

Last edited:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
My uncle is actually in Miami currently. Stubborn fool was told to come north and we will make sure he has a dry place to stay (and a baby to keep him entertained), but he didn't want to leave.

Last we spoke to him, he was ok, lost phone service, and power, but other than that, it hadn't been as bad as they predicted.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Nope....just got power and water back on a few hours ago. Lost it around 10pm night of the storm. Minimal damage to my property, lot of yard cleanup....was a LONG night...we had tornadoes in area and damn weather alarm kept going off. Then post storm, hot and muggy and no A/C...so spoiled, right?

Anyways, kudos to all the linemen who came from out of state and been busting their arses to get power back on.

Just looking for opportunities now.... :)

*And today is my birthday....fun times! I celebrated with Papa Johns.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Anyways, kudos to all the linemen who came from out of state and been busting their arses to get power back on.
There is at least one team from Houston here removing trees around power lines, on houses, etc. Two weeks ago Harvey was doing damage in their hometown, now they're here helping us out.

*And today is my birthday....fun times! I celebrated with Papa Johns.
Happy Birthday!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Slept at home for the first time since the middle of last week. Felt so good. Actually got seven hours of sleep.

Back at the EOC today to help (hopefully) close our last shelter, a special needs shelter.

There's still about 60,000 people in our county without power. All the linemen are doing a great job, getting about 80,000 back on in less than 48 hours.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Closed our last shelter Wednesday evening and packed up our stuff. ESF8 - First In, Last Out!

I was told to take Thursday and Friday off, but spent about four hours on the phone and computer, and plan on stopping through the EOC this morning to check on things.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Who else is on the keys? We're at south key hospital right now. We're doing all the transports out from the ER and DMAT.