Hurricane Frances is coming

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I've just received a copy of an email from the Indian River Emerg. Mgmt and they are saying that the entire east coast of Florida is being told to evacuate and go north out of Florida. They are saying that all the hotels on the west coast are filled with relief workers and those who were left homeless thanks to Hurricane Charley. Plus due to the size of Frances its winds and rain will affect all of Florida.

I think I'll head to the store tonight and stock up on water and food.

Chimp

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Chimp, am keeping you and the rest of the state in my prayers. Best of luck, and keep your head down.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by SafetyPro@Sep 1 2004, 10:24 PM
Chimp, am keeping you and the rest of the state in my prayers. Best of luck, and keep your head down.
I've included you along with my father and brother's family, who are all in the Jax area in my prayers.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I have one family member that had some damage due to the last hurricane that just came though.

Be safe, and best of luck! Let us know how things turn out.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Right now the winds are gusting pretty good and only a little bit of rain. I'm glad we went out and got games and stuff to do today.

Chimp

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Chimpie,

How bad did it get you?

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Hey chimpie, the NW sends its best wishes, and a friend of mine just left today w/the Red Cross, headed for y'all!

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I responded to this... a pretty lengthy response too... but when I hit "Add Reply" my computer decided to wig out on me and reboot. This is the second time it has done this from this web site. :blink:

But to keep it simple, I'm alive and so is all of my family. Sunday night was the worse night for us as Frances had then slipped out into the Gulf and we got hit by the winds coming from the west. The winds were driving the rain right into our bedroom window which is right above our heads. Needless to say we didn't sleep very well Sunday night.

Trees and other debris are all over the place and even in our county there are several thousand people without electricty.

Chimp

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Glad to hear you made it through OK, Chimp.

Ray1129

Forum Crew Member

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
You guys just keep getting pounded... now it looks like Ivan might swing your way.

(Sheesh, I just re-read that and noticed how it could be totally taken out of context... lol!)

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by rescuelt@Sep 8 2004, 06:43 PM
You guys just keep getting pounded... now it looks like Ivan might swing your way.

(Sheesh, I just re-read that and noticed how it could be totally taken out of context... lol!)
Get your mind out of the gutter, Erika. It's crowding mine. :p