how to practice and become proficient with pcr/radio report

JPINFV

Gadfly
Most of the ED gurneys I've seen do not have scales on them.

TatuICU

Forum Lieutenant
In our area we had about a 25 second time limit. If it were something in depth we would just call on the phone.

ex. EMS 8 inbound non-emergent with a 78 year old female coming from home, chief complaint today is shortness breath without other accompanying symptoms. Pt is afebrile, bp is 132/76, pulse is 91, EKG shows sinus rhythm without ectopy, currently satting 98% on 2L, 20 ga + hep lock to the left hand, pt has received one combivent treatment with relief in symptoms, ETA approx 5 minutes, any questions?

Just keep it short and sweet, you'll be giving a full report in a matter of minutes anyway

Sasha

Forum Chief
Most of the ED gurneys I've seen do not have scales on them.

I'll take a pic next time I'm in the ER but these do. They're also have the buttons to raise and lower the head and feet. It's a weird half manual half power stretcher. But its an ER stretcher not a floor bed.

MedicBrew

Forum Lieutenant
It's different where you work then. If we bring in a critical patient they start setting everything up (the bed and room, extra staff, medications (RSI, pain, etc), the doctor will already be at bedside, tubes if the patient doesn't already have one.

One of the hospitals will have staff members outside so once we get the gurney out of the ambulance they take over compressions for us.

WOW! beats the crap out of "Why did you bring them here" that we get all the time. My response: The big red sign out side that says "EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT" <_<

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
No ones going to start predrawing weight based meds. Honestly bringing in patients and watching them being brought in they don't "prepare" for critical patients beyond calling for respiratory and clearing a bed.

Allergies you get in triage report. Med list in triage report medical hx in triage report. All those do in a radio report is clog up the radio.

We also work in a fairly small system where our main ER knows pretty much every medic personally.

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
r40.jpg

Brilliant.