How old were you?

viccitylifeguard

Forum Probie
12 wheni was a junior lifeguard and ill be 37 when i get my emt intermediate from ccofems

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

medicp94dao

Forum Crew Member
I was 17 when I joined the Army as a Combat medic.... I am now 28.... Wow.. i am gettin old.

Pyromedic

Forum Probie
took my EMTB class at 17.
Now im working on my Medic at 18. Hope to be in the field at 19 and at 20 be a certified firefighter paramedic.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I got laid at 17. I got my emt at 18. Its been down hill ever since.

ChicagolandIFT

Forum Crew Member
EMT-B in high school at 18 for vocational ed class, but didn't get a job as an EMT till I was 22. I worked as a CNA/Tech in the hospital along with a few other jobs before I got the itch to get in a rig. Should be a EMT-P by 26 if I get into the program this January ::fingerscrossed:: I want a CCT rig by the time I am 30, but I will be cutting it close.

EMTCLM

Forum Crew Member
Started my EMT-B class at 15, it ended the day before my 16th birthday, took the tests, now I'm state certified :) Badabing badaboom ^_^

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
I was 16 when I started running with my current agency. I was 17 when I got my EMT cert. In fact in 4 months it will be one year since I had it. And I am still learning. I should also review material I have forgotten.

frdude1000

Forum Captain
CPR/First Aid - 14

First Responder - 15

juxtin1987

Forum Crew Member
52 when class begins January '10

However, Scouts first aid, RC Lifesaving at 12, wilderness first aid books for 'packing and climbing, RC CPR and FR at work, infant/child CPR as new parent, "doctor Dad" for a few years now.

"Doctor Dad" is good to have on a resume, we had a scenario of a 3 y/o patient who ate flowers off his mom's plant. He was being held by his mother and crying. BP was normal, HR was normal, Adequate Breathing, no signs of allergic reaction, pt monitored for 15 minutes with no change in vitals and no other remarkable presentation. (that info was of course worded differently) The possible answers were along the lines of,
a) High flow O2, Lateral Recumbant, Rapid Transport
b) Call Poison Control
c) Activated Charcoal, High Flow O2, Trendelenberg Position
d) Advise the mother to keep an eye on him and call if he begins experiencing problems.

About 90% of our class went with the 3 incorrect answers. Being a dad myself, i went with D.

mharman09

Forum Ride Along
started class when i was a senior in highschool, when i turned 18 got my emt-B, working for a city about 2 months after