how does the scoring work?

Blake

Forum Crew Member
Mine shut off at 75 questions. I didn't know some of the stuff due to not going over the material but i am scared i failed. My teacher said if it shuts off before 100 u should be good. Help!?!?

OP
OP
B

Blake

Forum Crew Member
Ok i got my results and i passed!! Yay!! But yeah the system to me is retarded. I hated the way they ask questions.:blink:

OP
OP
B

Blake

Forum Crew Member
Thank you very much! I feel very proud of myself. Great accomplishment and proud to be a emt for sure!

rob85635

Forum Probie
Mine shut off around the same I think. I really don't feel good at all. I know a few I missed and many I guessed, that does not bode well. There were questions I don't remember ever seeing in the book and I know we never talked about or were tested on. One I am trying to find the answer to and still can't after googling, etc.

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Mine shut off around the same I think. I really don't feel good at all. I know a few I missed and many I guessed, that does not bode well. There were questions I don't remember ever seeing in the book and I know we never talked about or were tested on. One I am trying to find the answer to and still can't after googling, etc.

...and the question was?

rob85635

Forum Probie
I thought we were not allowed to post any questions from the test on this forum. Correct me if I am wrong.

OP
OP
B

Blake

Forum Crew Member
Oh whoops if im not supposed to talk about it i didnt know. I also didnt think saying i hope i passed and it cut off was putting the questions on here. But whatever

rob85635

Forum Probie
Well, the sign up rules say no posting of questions but I don't know to what extent that applies. I would think you could ask questions about stuff to get answers but I am new, so no idea here. Someone might chime in and clarify for us.

I was an EMT for 6 years starting in about 1990. It expired so I had to redo everything. Wow how things have changed. It was MUCH MUCH harder this go around and the NREMT test was optional back when I certified in AZ. The test I took today was in my opinion way to hard, like I said earlier there were some questions that I know were not covered in class, in the textbook and elsewhere and I have yet to find answers to.

rob85635

Forum Probie
I don't know yet. They said sometime perhaps in the afternoon on monday to check.

Does anyone know of a place where people can post questions about what they saw on the test and discuss them? I cannot see why that would be a problem, especially since the NREMT website says you will not get the same questions again when you retest. I certainly agree that no one should have an unfair advantage but how else can you learn if you do not pass?

If I understand correctly all they tell you if you fail is what areas you need improvement on. That certainly is nice but knowing what questions you got wrong really helps so you can research and learn from your mistakes.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
For the stuff you didn't study or had never seen:

There are questions throughout the test used for R&D of future curriculum that aren't applied to you're final score.

There is no where you can directly post questions from the test. The test is copyrighted.

You can ask questions on here if you paraphrase the material. Don't be so afraid of the mods on here. geeze.

OP
OP
B

Blake

Forum Crew Member
Yeah i wouldnt be afriad of putting them on here. I know i had alot of stuff i never studied thats for sure

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah i wouldnt be afriad of putting them on here. I know i had alot of stuff i never studied thats for sure

Like what?

OP
OP
B

Blake

Forum Crew Member
Ok like they asked about street drugs and things of that sort. We didnt specifically cover them

KyleG

Forum Crew Member
Mine also was really short and thats why I had the :huh: feeling come over. My Dad (EMT-P) made fun of me for worrying when I passed.

I don't know how many Q's (is there a way of telling) but I was in and Out in like half an hour.

OP
OP
B

Blake

Forum Crew Member
Ive heard it shuts off when it has determined whether u know it or not. Could be 60 ive heard 180

rob85635

Forum Probie
The one question that I know we never covered was about the landing of helicopters. In particular it asked the maximum ground slope that was safe to land on with the answers being 10, 15, 20, 25 degrees.

We never covered that, I checked my book and even did some online research and have yet to find the answer. I guessed at 15 but that was a complete grab at straws.