How big was your EMT-B class?

rjbaker06

Forum Ride Along
I went to school @ unitek in newark, ca

We started with 27 then I believe 23 or 24 passed. And not to brag but I took my nremt-b 1try and i passed. Unitek was a great school, for my needs.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
My EMT-IV class (The TN Equivalent to EMT-B + IV and some meds) consisted of about 15-20 people. I think only 4 didnt pass the NREMT within the allowed number of attempts.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Can you still take the NREMT test even if your state doesn't recognize it?

Yes, I believe you can. So long as you have a program director that can vouch to the NREMT for you having taken the course. Do not quote me on this, however. I am just going on "Assumption".

Naota_X

Forum Crew Member
we had 35 to start and about 12 dropped out

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Can you still take the NREMT test even if your state doesn't recognize it?

Yes. As long as you're instructor/course is recognized by the NREMT, you can test. Basically, they vouch that you have taken the course, and I believe you also have to take your state's practical (though that might just be a MA thing).

emdub

Forum Probie
My class started with like 65 people, it was at a CA University...we had to pass with 80% as well, and get our ride along and ER time in before the class was 2/3 over or we were out. There was a lot of reading and tests, and a lot of hands on time because we would divide into smaller groups. But in the end, I think about 45 went into the written final and about 30 passed both finals.

I'm not sure how many went on to take national registry. A lot of the students were from the local FD and needed CEs or were planning on going into an academy. Some were just in the class for the knowledge and not as a career path. Everyone that I know that has taken national registry has passed first shot though. I didn't mind the big class; we got plenty of 1 on 1.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yes. As long as you're instructor/course is recognized by the NREMT, you can test. Basically, they vouch that you have taken the course, and I believe you also have to take your state's practical (though that might just be a MA thing).

NR doesn't officially offer a practical exam for basic. So you have to see if they'll accept your state practicals, or take them also in a state that they will accept

EMTJay

Forum Probie
first day class started it was packed, about 45-50 students. As the weeks went on the class started thinning out. We ended with less than half left. We had to have 80% or better to pass.

andydrumm05

Forum Probie
I actually had to take the Basic class twice, that was only because I couldn't pass that Registry test the first time around. I just wasn't in the proper mind set to take the class, but that second time around, I was and I passed.

My first class I had 12, and only 3 actually came out with their certs. And my second class had 10, and only 4 came out with their certs (myself included).

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Started a new job this weekend. Almost 2 dollars/hr raise, and promotion to supervisor at a new company. I was really excited, until my first 2 patients decided to use me as a punching bag. I love Alzheimer's patients.:rolleyes:

ZUnit

Forum Ride Along
Just started a summer session a couple weeks ago with about 28 and now down to about 22. we got the mid term next week so we'll see how many stick around after that.

Joe

Forum Captain
my spring class started at 72 and ended with 55. that class was gigantic