Hosting Courses

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Does anyone know how much hosting an EMT-B course typically runs?

We're currently having a fight with the hospital (who usually holds the courses) because they closed one of the EMT-B courses they are offering this fall (the other EMT-B courses they are offering are completely full.) We have no less than 15 students who want to take the course, but as the hopspital closed the course, it looks as though we may have to host our own.

Last edited by a moderator:

emtbuff

Forum Captain
I would suggest you look at visiting with a local community college. I know in our area we work the the community college and if we have enough students and have someone with the right certificates to monitor the class it is a go. If no then its a no go.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Contact your state EMS division or party to be sure whom and what is required. My state requires it to be an approved educational facility. Most states, require that you have an approved instructor, medical course director, as well as appropriate training equipment, and a/v's etc.. and approved clinical agreements for students to attend.

For a basic level, it should not too expensive..

R/r 911

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
TCERT,

In CT you need and EMS-I (Instructor) to contact OEMS to get approval for the class. OEMS is located on Capitol Ave. in Hartford.

David

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
In MO first you need to find an Instructor associated with an EMS Training Entity... here's how I have bid it out in the past.....

Amt. we typically charge "in house" per person+ 20% to go to the location (within a 1 hour driving distance). Once the schedule is set, no changes. So, for me that would be... $350 per person + $70 (20%) = $420 per person. I also set a mininimum of 15.... if that number of students does not show up on night one we either A.) Cancel the class or B.) The others make up the difference in $.

OP
OP
gradygirl

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Thanks everyone.

David, great advice. We're trying to get HH to reopen the course, but if they won't, we're getting someone out of Wethersfield to teach the course at Trinity Campus in the spring.

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
You could try Capitol Community College Teri Devito coordinates the paramedic program there she might be able to help.