Holidays

ChrisMed1

Forum Probie
First July 4th in books.
1700-2200hrs was on a firework detail were we had a total of 4 pt contacts but no transports then went out with one of the fire apparatus on there detail that ended at 2300hrs really close by made 1 more patient contact and did a transport for COPD exacerbation.

Retuned to quarters at 01:15 after a while in the ED. Had an possible OD but got cancelled because ALS was closer tonight we were just BLS and ALS decided they wanted to transport so we returned. Had a call for a sick person seemed really unwell and really hypotensive we ended up transporting without ALS because we didn't have a good intercept point. 2 back to back Etoh transports and 1 last call 5min till shift change for diabetic emergency and ended up with a finger stick on 380 they were AMS and we transported.

I've not been putting a lot of hours in lately because I'm still going to therapy and it's not been easy but got my first holiday as an EMT. Anyone else work this holiday?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We have a large, very intricate Fourth of July celebration in my community. We staff with multiple EMS units, bike, medics, a transporting gator, a mobile command post and treatment facility in a 30 foot trailer.

Luckily, it was a relatively uneventful day. Few cases of syncope, some nausea and vomiting, seizures, and one pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle. Pretty typical for Fourth of July.