Hiring EMTs: Liberty Ambulance in Kern County CA

Angel

Paramedic
Oh give it a chance! My understanding is a sizzle reel is just something to get networks to pick up the show, I haven't seen or heard anything saying it'll actually happen...yet

So I YouTubed Delano Ambulance reality show... And I feel you're entirely responsible for my shattered phone laying across the room now.
No, just no. There's a reason Hall and Liberty haven't hosted a reality show. They don't need the money badly enough to make an *** of themselves on tv... But if you wanna be really frustrated with an entire ambulance service, the trailer is definitely worth watching.
Send Delano the bill for the cost to repair your phone! Haha!

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Well, That was groan worthy. Seriously, how old is the owner? It really bugs me when a company puts their phone number on the side of the rig.

I still get the itch to drop my LA/OC based company and go out to Kern and actually do what I set out to in this job. If that day ever comes, I'll pass on Delano and go to Hall.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So I YouTubed Delano Ambulance reality show... And I feel you're entirely responsible for my shattered phone laying across the room now.
No, just no. There's a reason Hall and Liberty haven't hosted a reality show. They don't need the money badly enough to make an *** of themselves on tv... But if you wanna be really frustrated with an entire ambulance service, the trailer is definitely worth watching.

Staggeringly professional, they are. Heroes of the asphalt.

Seriously, that video makesme want to take their EOA.

RocketMedic

My dad worked there in 1999-2000. Seedy then, seedy now. Plus the Delano show looks to be the Kardashian wannabe.

Rocket, are you talking about the same Liberty in Kern County as we are?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Sorry, stubby fingers and a ten minute edit limit..

I'd like to see them put more emphasis on EMS professionalism. The New Orleans EMS show, even with some "No one dies on my shift" contrived moments in the trailer, seemed to put the focus on EMS providers doing a difficult job and keeping the patient's best interest in mind.

With such appealing comments like "I became a paramedic for one reason, the excitement" and "The EMT is the Paramedic's b**ch" Delano comes off as frat boy ambulance. It's like watching MTV's Scrubbin' In vs. Trauma Life in the ER. The public remembers what they see on tv and with so few representations of actual EMS on television, I'd like to put the best product forward.

RocketMedic

Liberty Ridgecrest...grew up around them.

Angel

Paramedic
Actually I kind of agree with that, I said to myself this is how it is around stations I've been at but that's not necessarily a good thing. Especially when the public is concerned.
I would hope if the show got picked up it'd be a better representation of ems but past indicators don't have me optimistic
Sorry to get off topic....

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
That "show" was filmed over two years ago. Everyone on that show except a couple of people have moved on from Delano for various reasons. One of those guys on the show is my roommate so I heard all about that project when it was happening. I'm surprised it took two years for it to get on the Internet.

RocketMedic

Shameless thread bump....is Liberty still around, or did Hall eat it?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Still around, they took over CARE's EOA some time ago.