Hiring EMTs: Liberty Ambulance in Kern County CA

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
thank you for the clarification

thank you for the clarification
You're welcome. I'd put in a call to Hall HR first thing in the morning and see what they have to say.

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
You're welcome. I'd put in a call to Hall HR first thing in the morning and see what they have to say.
doubt they would be interested in hiring me being i don't meet their minimum age requirement, and don't have 2 years exp, like they are requesting. never hurts to ask though

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
Let them tell you that ...
If I cannot go by there tomorrow I will definitely call them to hear it from their mouth, so for tonight I will quit counting my self out.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
doubt they would be interested in hiring me being i don't meet their minimum age requirement, and don't have 2 years exp, like they are requesting. never hurts to ask though
The minimum age has been lowered to 20 in just the past few months, does that help?

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
The minimum age has been lowered to 20 in just the past few months, does that help?
It might, However i am currently 19 :(

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
It might, However i am currently 19 :(
Well, the age is a pretty steadfast rule, as its set by insurance. But maybe by the time you're hired you'll be 20, or if you're really interested in Hall, ask about other positions until then. At least then you've got a spot in the company and they are really good about promoting up before hiring from outside.

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
i have about 9 months till im 20

Jaydy

Forum Ride Along
Liberty Ambulance in Kern County is currently hiring for EMTs. Starting pay is 09.00/hr, working 96 on/72 off, then 72 on/96 off the following week with lots of OT available. We cover Ridgecrest, Inyokern, Lake Isabella, Kernville, enormous expanses of rural farmland and desert, way too many miles of 2 lane highway, along with auto mutual-aid for large portions of Tulare, Inyo, and San Bernardino Counties. It's a relatively small, close-knit company running 7-8 trucks daily. Always in stations, no SSM or posting. We run with Kern County Fire which is BLS only, and our units are almost all staffed EMT/Medic with a couple dual medic. Nearest Trauma/STEMI/Stroke centers are 60-100 miles away from most of our area, and locally we've got a couple community hospitals.
Anyone interested just send me a PM, as of now we have several EMT spots opening up that need to be filled.
Any other questions about the company I'd be happy to answer...

I just found your posting on line. Is Liberty still hiring for any part-time or full-time EMTs?

I just found your posting on line. Is Liberty still hiring for any part-time or full-time EMTs?
Check out Hall or Delano as well. They're both located in Kern County.

OP
OP
LACoGurneyjockey

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Liberty isn't currently hiring, not sure when they will be again. Hall is definitely worth checking out. I'd stay away from Delano, rumor has it they'll be bought up by Hall fairly soon, and they don't have the best reputation among their employees.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Liberty isn't currently hiring, not sure when they will be again. Hall is definitely worth checking out. I'd stay away from Delano, rumor has it they'll be bought up by Hall fairly soon, and they don't have the best reputation among their employees.
I think it's more of a wish than rumor. Personally, I think they'll lose their EOA before Hall moves in, but knowing Hall, they will offer to buy Delano when that happens

I never said Delano was a good place to work, just an option...

OP
OP
LACoGurneyjockey

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
I think it's more of a wish than rumor. Personally, I think they'll lose their EOA before Hall moves in, but knowing Hall, they will offer to buy Delano when that happens
Meh, same thing? Yea I don't see them selling out until they don't have any other choice.
But then people said that about Kern and Care.

OP
OP
LACoGurneyjockey

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Haven't you guys seen Delano is famous! They got there own reality show

So I YouTubed Delano Ambulance reality show... And I feel you're entirely responsible for my shattered phone laying across the room now.
No, just no. There's a reason Hall and Liberty haven't hosted a reality show. They don't need the money badly enough to make an *** of themselves on tv... But if you wanna be really frustrated with an entire ambulance service, the trailer is definitely worth watching.