HEMS fatality 6/6/13

Clipper1

Forum Asst. Chief
3rd if you count Angel Flight on May 27 with 3 fatalities. It is a volunteer nonprofit medical flight company and the good it does for patients requiring specialized care in distant hospitals is outstanding.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
3rd if you count Angel Flight on May 27 with 3 fatalities. It is a volunteer nonprofit medical flight company and the good it does for patients requiring specialized care in distant hospitals is outstanding.

That's 3 too many :(

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
RIP heroes.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
And it will never change. Competition is too great and there is too much money to be made.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Such a sad loss.

The HEMS company that was involved in the crash allegedly jumped calls in the past. There were times they were waved off by the FD as they weren't the HEMS company called.

HEMS needs more regulation. I'm tired of Flightweb going black.

Clipper1

Forum Asst. Chief
And it will never change. Competition is too great and there is too much money to be made.

Too early for the NTSB reports on these crashes. But, where were the adults on a couple of the other flights which crashed? Texting, forgetting fuel checks, flying while under the influence and coyote diving should have been noticed by someone with a big voice to get that helicopter or plane back down safely or not fly at all.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Such a sad loss.

The HEMS company that was involved in the crash allegedly jumped calls in the past. There were times they were waved off by the FD as they weren't the HEMS company called.

HEMS needs more regulation. I'm tired of Flightweb going black.

The size of that HEMS company makes them too big to condone that kind of behavior. I know. I used to fly for them. However, there are bases with gungho crewmembers and sometimes they're real froggy. But they're not the only ones nor the worst ones. I have flown for a "mom and pop" service that is ten times worse. Which is why Flightweb will continually go black. It boils down to one reason and one reason only regardless of what the NTSB discover: choice. Those individual crewmembers made a conscious choice for whatever reason. And that choice/those choices led to their death.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Too early for the NTSB reports on these crashes. But, where were the adults on a couple of the other flights which crashed? Texting, forgetting fuel checks, flying while under the influence and coyote diving should have been noticed by someone with a big voice to get that helicopter or plane back down safely or not fly at all.

The adults were making a choice. And lawndarts were made.