Helping with Teaching Anatomy & Physiology

coffeegal

Forum Probie
Hey there! I'm in paramedic school currently and we have to complete a review of anatomy and physiology and special patient care populations.
Our entire training so far has been death by the books power point. My classmate and I are looking for creative ways to review A&P.

So far we have thought of doing the following:
-Scenarios
-Headbands
-Lab with fresh lungs and tracheas to practice intubations, surgical and needle crics, and possibly decompressions; OR chicken bones for IOs

Can't think of a good way to review all systems without a power point? Anyone else have any creative ideas??

Thank you in advance!

Allison

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
YouTube (and podcasts) got me through a lot of medic school. Khan Academy, emcrit, sketchy medic (for visuals) and so on.

OP
OP
coffeegal

coffeegal

Forum Probie
Thanks for the suggestions! I think we are going to do the flow charts, and hand bands, and then chicken bones for IOs.

We also have to cover special patient populations, so we are going to do scenarios to review that information.

StCEMT, I'm looking for ways to review the topics with the class, not study tips for me :)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Drilling an uncooked chicken egg is a great way to practice dexterity with an EZ-IO.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks for the suggestions! I think we are going to do the flow charts, and hand bands, and then chicken bones for IOs.

We also have to cover special patient populations, so we are going to do scenarios to review that information.

StCEMT, I'm looking for ways to review the topics with the class, not study tips for me :)
Those are ways for the class to review. I would much rather watch those videos in class than some of the pointless **** I had to watch.

OP
OP
coffeegal

coffeegal

Forum Probie
Those are ways for the class to review. I would much rather watch those videos in class than some of the pointless **** I had to watch.

That is true, our class is death by power point. Unfortunately they want us teaching, not videos....otherwise trust me, I'd be hitting up some Khan academy and Crash Course videos.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
That is true, our class is death by power point. Unfortunately they want us teaching, not videos....otherwise trust me, I'd be hitting up some Khan academy and Crash Course videos.
sketchy medic then. Try to build on the images.