help

natty

Forum Ride Along
okay so i finished EMT school this passed August, took my NREMT 3 times and failed, i got so discouraged with myself that i went to work at some job that i do not like. it is now december and i want to prove to myself that i have what it takes to become an EMT, that being said im worried that i have forgotten everything skills wise. has this happend to anybody before? i know im gonna study my *** off once i pay for this refresher course. (just kind wanted to vent) THANKS!

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Besides being an EMT and the thing you're doing now that you don't like, are there any other options for you, career-wise? I mean, after three failures, consider the possibility that there's something better for you out there.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Besides being an EMT and the thing you're doing now that you don't like, are there any other options for you, career-wise? I mean, after three failures, consider the possibility that there's something better for you out there.

Failing three times doesn't mean that someone can't be capable of being and EMT. It only shows a lack somewhere of fundamental knowledge needed to pass the test. OP, take the refresher and study your butt off for a month or so after the refresher. Focus on the areas you failed. Invest in testing services like JBL, medictests.com, or Fisdap. Get used to the types of questions the NREMT asks. I've worked with some bad ***, well educated, people who took a refresher and passed on one of the final three attempts. If you want it work for it don't expect to just pass because you took the initial class.

OP
OP
N

natty

Forum Ride Along
well tbh, i kinda half *** studied, never really put in the work bc i thought i knew it all and after each fail i thought it was just a fluke, so i just found a job. ( and bills started racking up)..but yeah deff going to study alot before re taking the test, but as far as being an EMT thats my #1 goal for this year. Thanks for the feed back guys.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
dunning-kruger-0011.jpg

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Again, this^^^. I’d posit that a goal and a priority aren’t exactly one in the same, especially in your case.

Also, is it really fair to list your education as an EMT so hastily when, as you said:
well tbh, i kinda half *** studied, never really put in the work...

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Awww, cause and effect, what a beautiful coloration....

Cause:
well tbh, i kinda half *** studied, never really put in the work bc i thought i knew it all and after each fail i thought it was just a fluke
Effect:
okay so i finished EMT school this passed August, took my NREMT 3 times and failed,
I think you know what happened, and what you need to do.

Any more questions?

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
I just love how perfectly OP's story matches the graph... He was on top of Mt. Stupid when taking the NREMT, then down into the valley of despair when he gave up... Now he's slowly climbing the slope of enlightenment!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
No one is calling you stupid, however you acknowledge where you went wrong, and now you know what you need to do to pass the exam.

Once you pass the exam you will be on your way to slope of enlightenment