Forum Ride Along
Velcro ?

Search Amazon for something like "Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties"

OP
OP
Stephanie.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I do coil mine from the monitor end first, and sometimes I even leave the electrodes sticking out of the zipper for a fast pull out. I still fail. :wacko:

I'm sure if I placed the tape on all the leads then it would upset someone.. I'll see what I can come up with! Thanks for all the inquiries!

amessernremtp

Forum Probie
Good point. Many services do the pcr transmission. We use the lifenet system for 12 leads here for STEMI pts. I think the loss of equilment would be an issue...so make it beight orange or some color that sticks out maybe? Or an annoying alarm on monitor when signal is lost? Or just untangle wires every time. I have a feeling I know which route most services would go...

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
One time a newbie taped the wires.

(It was me). Took each wire, tore off a piece of paper medical tape about half as long as the wire, then doubled it over lengthwise from about eight inches down from the terminal snap so each wire was more of a slightly stiffened ribbon than a snakey wire. They used it a couple times, then a supervisor saw it and threw out the whole wiring block because it didn't look good. These wires weren't coiled up, they were left hanging.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Stephanie,

I'm thinking your main problem is the same as mine. The leads all come out nice, but it is like they are braided together, right?

I haven't done it to a 12 lead yet, but what works nice for a 3 lead is I took a small strip of plastic and drilled 3 holes in it. Then I sliced it in half, and placed it over the wires. A little silicone glue and viola! Slides up and down the wires nice. When you put them away, slide it all the way to the leads, then coil like regular. When you get them out, Pull the all the way out, and slide the bar down the where it all splits.

I'll get a picture for you all sometime so you can see.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
For those of you who pre-set leads, are your electrodes singles or the ones that come in the stuck together grid (like 2x6)? The ones that are together seem to keep them neater than singles.

palmer1121

Forum Crew Member
One thing I have found that works well for me is instead of rolling the wires around my hand is to pull the leads out, untangle them, zip the pouch most of the way up, then just feed the wires back into the pouch (like feeding rope back into a rope bag) and leave a couple inches hanging out.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
For those of you who pre-set leads, are your electrodes singles or the ones that come in the stuck together grid (like 2x6)? The ones that are together seem to keep them neater than singles.

4 leads here, and the electrodes are on strips.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Stephanie,

I'm thinking your main problem is the same as mine. The leads all come out nice, but it is like they are braided together, right?

I haven't done it to a 12 lead yet, but what works nice for a 3 lead is I took a small strip of plastic and drilled 3 holes in it. Then I sliced it in half, and placed it over the wires. A little silicone glue and viola! Slides up and down the wires nice. When you put them away, slide it all the way to the leads, then coil like regular. When you get them out, Pull the all the way out, and slide the bar down the where it all splits.

I'll get a picture for you all sometime so you can see.
Sounds like a comb, except for lead wires. Hey maybe you can market that! ;-)