Help out an EMT-B Student!

phillips1210

Forum Probie
I spent some time in the military as an MP. When I reached the end of my enlistment, I decided to return home with the plan of becoming a paramedic. I start my EMT-B class on March 26. I was looking for any information on how to prepare for this class, other classes to better myself, and preparatory work for future classes. I do not like to be unprepared, so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Use the search function... Or search on goggle with the keyword emtlife.

But basically start reading your textbook. Some people say read an A&P textbook. Emt-b class is easy. If you have common sense and a vague background in A&P you'll do just fine. Blood goes round and round. Squirting blood=bad.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Blood goes round and round, air goes in and out, anything else is bad.

Fixed for ya :)

Honestly you don't need any prep for EMT-B class. A background in sciences help but there are high schools around the nation that have in house EMT classes for the older students...

Last edited by a moderator:

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
I spent some time in the military as an MP. When I reached the end of my enlistment, I decided to return home with the plan of becoming a paramedic. I start my EMT-B class on March 26. I was looking for any information on how to prepare for this class, other classes to better myself, and preparatory work for future classes. I do not like to be unprepared, so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Look at the requirements. Atleast for me here in Miami,Fl I have to take a prerequisite which is the first responder class.

EMS123

Forum Crew Member
Blood goes round and round air goes in and out any deviation is BAD!

Learn how blood circulates through the heart, that has evolved a lot through my EMT class.

Remember PT Assessment is very similar to vehicle and personnel search... through, systematic, and the same way every time.