Help!!! Best way to study?????

EMTJDUB

Forum Probie
I just took my National Registry Paramedic test yesterday.... "Near Passing". Didn't pass. :sad: Turns out all the stuff I focused on and studied wasn't even on the test. <_< I felt fairly confident, but the practice books I was using didn't seem to help. I've have 2 questions...

First: Does anyone know how it's graded? I know all about the computer adaptive stuff, but what I'm asking is: Do I have to get high scores in all catigories...(Airway&Breathing, Cardio, Trauma, Medical, OB/Peds, Operations)??? Or is it just a percentage I'm trying to reach over all???

Second: What are the best ways to prepare? Does anyone have any studing advice? I'm feeling overwelmed. :unsure:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't wanna have to take it a 3rd time!!!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
The test adapts to the questions you answer. If you answer a question wrong it will ask you more questions on that topic to determine if you really know the topic. You can pass 70% of the questions asked and still fail the test because of a lack of knowledge on a particular topic. That is why they no longer give you a percentage score but a pass/fail.

You need to be solid in your skills and on your knowledge. But shouldn't you be if you are going to be treating the 'sick and injured'?

reaper

Working Bum
JB test prep is a good test site, for practice tests.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
I just took my National Registry Paramedic test yesterday.... "Near Passing". Didn't pass. :sad: Turns out all the stuff I focused on and studied wasn't even on the test. <_< I felt fairly confident, but the practice books I was using didn't seem to help. I've have 2 questions...

First: Does anyone know how it's graded? I know all about the computer adaptive stuff, but what I'm asking is: Do I have to get high scores in all catigories...(Airway&Breathing, Cardio, Trauma, Medical, OB/Peds, Operations)??? Or is it just a percentage I'm trying to reach over all???

Second: What are the best ways to prepare? Does anyone have any studing advice? I'm feeling overwelmed. :unsure:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't wanna have to take it a 3rd time!!!

The best way to prepare for the exam is to take a paramedic class, and study a lot DURING the class. Not trying to be a rear end here, just being honest. Since that option is out, I would recommend cramming like hell. Unfortunately, this option has mixed results—believe me, I know.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru

Your statement alone informs me you have not prepared for the test. Have you even read the NREMT website on the test? How it is graded and tested?... Obviously not.

I have written numerous posts on how it is graded and NO! it is NOT at 70%. That was over three years ago on the traditional test. It weight based, dependent on the type of question that was administered.

Read your objectives throroughly at each front of your chapter in your text. Review ACLS per AHA as all cardiac care is from that source and trauma is from PHTLS.

Good luck,

R/r 911