Hello.... I'm new!

RoxyGurL

Forum Probie
Reaction score
I'm in Tennessee. I just finished up my EMT-IV course & am currently waiting to take my NREMT exam. I was so busy before with work, school, clinicals, family life, etc... that I had never really been on this site before!

Welcome to the forums!

EMT-IV? Is that an intermediate?

Congrats!

EMT-IV is basically EMT-B that can start IV's as I understand it, its the lowest certification in TN, aside from a few local EMT-B training programs at fire houses. Thats what Ive been told anyways

Welcome! Good luck on your NREMT - don't fret over it. As long as you know your stuff and don't psych yourself out, it's not difficult at all.

Congrats and good luck on your national! It's very simple, just remember your scene safety, bsi, and ABC in every question.

Tennessee still has EMT-B. Most will have the IV certification now. IV is not the only extra skill we get. We can also do Nitro, nebulizer, MDI, epinephrine (auto & sub-q), D50, Glucagon, Oral Glucose (I think I am missing something?) anyway...you get the picture. We can also do advanced airway intervention up to a Combi-Tube.

Anyway...I passed my NREMT on May 17th. Trying to find a job. I was at the top of my class & did well on my clinicals. I am bummed at the pay. I am hoping to get some experience so I can move to the county service full-time.

I didn't think the NREMT exam was hard...just very tricky!

Back