head pain on the rocks

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
ok, so im getting ready to come off my shift this morning when we get dispatched out.

"70 year old lady struck in the head by falling ice"

my partner and i look at each other like.....ok....this ones gonna be interesting.

so we get on scene and we were met at the front door by a local officer. he swears the pt is not Alzheimers, dementia...nothing, and tells us that there is a hole about two feet wide in this ladys bedroom ceiling.
so he takes us up to the bedroom, and sure as the day is long...theres a huge hole in the ceiling. looked a little closer and something definitely came through the roof.
So we go back downstairs and the pt's husband proceeds to get this huge chunk of ice of of his freezer. And swears that this chunk of ice is what came through the roof! it was a pretty good size piece of ice too....about 5-6 pounds worth.
the only thing that any of us could come up with was that it must have fallen off a plane or something. ive never even heard of hail getting that big. but it was suggested to the pt(who was fine, just a small bruise) that she had better play the Powerball and the local lottery tonight. lol but yeah, that was definitely a new one for me. seen a lot of stuff in 7 years, but that was the first extremely out of the ordinary thing i have encountered.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I would think when it came to luck she used up her quota. Time to avoid gambling!

sixmaybemore

Forum Crew Member
I would think when it came to luck she used up her quota. Time to avoid gambling!

Sheesh, no kidding!

I read a news story a few years ago about something similar, and it was from an airplane. Toilet. Gross.

Sasha

Forum Chief
sheesh, no kidding!

I read a news story a few years ago about something similar, and it was from an airplane. Toilet. Gross.

ew ew ew ew!!!

EMTWintz

Forum Lieutenant
HAHA big o' chuck of frozen peepee. But seriously someone needs to talk the the plane companies about that.:lol:

abriggs

Forum Crew Member
I saw something on the news about this really recently! I live next to an AFB, and I always wonder...

Blacke00

Forum Lieutenant
Sheesh, no kidding!

I immediately thought of Joe Dirt...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKRwhOYTCo&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=joe+dirt+meteor&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv[/YOUTUBE]

=)

Kevin

P.S. in case it doesn't work... Joe Dirt Meteor