Having No luck trying to find employment in bay area and valley

shanederosier

Forum Ride Along
I have had my emt b for almost a year now and I am just having a really difficult time getting hired. It seems like every ambulance company wants you to fax or email an application. I have applied to almost every ambulance company in my area several times and Im really starting to get discouraged can anyone help tell me what i am doing wrong and how can I stand out and get noticed a by a company. Thanks for any advice anyone might have

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have had my emt b for almost a year now and I am just having a really difficult time getting hired. It seems like every ambulance company wants you to fax or email an application. I have applied to almost every ambulance company in my area several times and Im really starting to get discouraged can anyone help tell me what i am doing wrong and how can I stand out and get noticed a by a company. Thanks for any advice anyone might have

follow up with phone calls. and go down there in person. a name and a face or even a name and a voice are better then just a name. pretty much you have to keep making contact with them so they know your name.

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
x2 on going there in person. i'd say show up around 10am- after the morning rig check/rush and before lunch break.

be friendly, bring resumes...

go pound the pavement, speak to the hiring managers, work on your elevator pitch. sooner or later you'll connect with one and at least land an interview!

I NEVER recommend faxing and rarely recommend emailing out blind resumes. In person is the way to go in this field.

good luck.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief

Get more certifications.