Have you ever...

daenerys

Forum Probie
On my very first ride along... Was transporting a patient to a rehab facility following hip surgery. PTs son took pictures of ambulance with his phone. My preceptor was very angry. Son said "Okay, I'll cut you out of the picture, but I'm not cutting her out." Followed by a creepy wink. Was not pleasant.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Oh I put in for it :p

Your preceptor needs to pull his head out of his ***, seriously. Most people have never been in an ambulance before and it's a new experience for them. I'd much rather have a family that's excited for the "adventure" and in a good mood joking and taking pictures than some grumpy old hag badgering me about how to do my job. At the end of the day we're there for the patients and the fact that your preceptor acted that way tells me he needs a swift kick in the balls.

daenerys

Forum Probie
Oh I put in for it :p

Your preceptor needs to pull his head out of his ***, seriously. Most people have never been in an ambulance before and it's a new experience for them. I'd much rather have a family that's excited for the "adventure" and in a good mood joking and taking pictures than some grumpy old hag badgering me about how to do my job. At the end of the day we're there for the patients and the fact that your preceptor acted that way tells me he needs a swift kick in the balls.

Haha I love it. He is an ornery old dude, a paramedic that's been doing inter-facility transports for god knows how long. Just burnt out I think.

But yeah, the experience still wasn't pleasant. Not nice to get a sketchy up and down scan from a guy four times your age.

Rin

Forum Captain
Haha I love it. He is an ornery old dude, a paramedic that's been doing inter-facility transports for god knows how long. Just burnt out I think.

But yeah, the experience still wasn't pleasant. Not nice to get a sketchy up and down scan from a guy four times your age.

It's almost standard practice. You do your assessment, they do theirs. :/

SSwain

Forum Captain
Responded to a domestic situation...husband beat up the wife and left.
Seems they had been drinking heavily.

Long story short, she was hitting on me while I was assessing her...she even tried to kiss me in the ambulance. My medic was doing his best to keep from laughing his *** off.

daenerys

Forum Probie
Responded to a domestic situation...husband beat up the wife and left.
Seems they had been drinking heavily.

Long story short, she was hitting on me while I was assessing her...she even tried to kiss me in the ambulance. My medic was doing his best to keep from laughing his *** off.

Florence Nightingale effect?