Happy New Year!

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Hope everyone has a happy and safe new year!

I'm rocking out dispatch until about 2100 hours. Then I'm not sure what we have planned. I'm just along for the ride!

Anyways, be safe out there!!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Have fun, Ms Evil One :p I go on duty at 1800 for a 36. I'll see what fun the upstanding members of my community create for me tonight

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Happy New Year everyone.

I'll be spending it with friends.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Happy New Year everyone.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
First NYE my hubby's off in a long, long time (tragic pullup bar injury still has him off work), and I'm alone at a friend's house. We're going to run a 5k for New Year's. I'm expecting a good time- we only have 6 kids along.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Happy New Year, everyone! I'll be spending mine at the bar with friends playing several good rounds of darts.

8jimi8

CFRN
Happy New Year, everyone! I'll be spending mine at the bar with friends playing several good rounds of darts.

Get in a round for me, i'll be stuck on the unit. I told my scheduler, the ONLY DAY I DONT WANT TO WORK IS NEW YEARS.

So then she asks me like 4 times in a row if i will work it. If i only would have said no on the 4th time...

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Get in a round for me, i'll be stuck on the unit. I told my scheduler, the ONLY DAY I DONT WANT TO WORK IS NEW YEARS.

So then she asks me like 4 times in a row if i will work it. If i only would have said no on the 4th time...

I will, I got so lucky this year.. I was off for Christmas for the first time in 2 years (well, I got called in that night, but at least I got to spend the day with my family), and I am off for New Years.. Not sure how I landed that, but I kept my mouth shut about it in case there was a scheduling mistake.

I do have to work tomorrow, however.. It has been my general experience that the day AFTER the holiday is far worse than the holiday itself.

nemedic

Forum Captain
It has been my general experience that the day AFTER the holiday is far worse than the holiday itself.

I worked Christmas Eve/Day, Working 4-mid tonight/tomorrow. I agree. You have your drunks because of the holiday, the hungover people causing all sorts of mayhem, and the general uptick in volume due to people being depressed/pissed off and causing trouble

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Happy New Year everyone.

Same here. And you know.....I used to have the hardest time staying up till 0000. Now that I am in Fire/EMS, I have no problem at all. All of a sudden the people that I thought did such a great job of staying up seem rather lethargic after 2300 or so, especially if it is during the workweek. LOL!

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
Having just celebrated three years of sobriety, I am heading to the lake house with my wife and dogs. I see Fireworks, eggnog, and dog farts in my immediate future.

Happy happy, everyone!

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Having just celebrated three years of sobriety, I am heading to the lake house with my wife and dogs. I see Fireworks, eggnog, and dog farts in my immediate future.

Happy happy, everyone!

Sounds wonderful. Congratulations, my friend.

Tommerag

What day is it?
Happy new year to everyone.

I will be stuck at my place due to a stupid blizzard all day and night unless we get any calls, hoping it will be quiet though.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Happy new year, it is now 2011 here.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Ran my 5K, finished with an average of a 12 minute mile, which is lame, but no slouchy job for my 5 kids and 4 months off the couch self. Quarterly 5Ks in 2011, with better times at each race!

Happy New Year, guys!

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Happy New year.. I start work right at 0000 hrs.. so ill be spending the first moments of the year at work!

at least i got to have dinner with the family and see the g/f

stay safe everyone!

happy new year!

Vinceh

Forum Crew Member
Happy New Year!! Best of wishes to everyone and their families with a safe and healthy 2011!!

Vince