Halloween 2013

MissK

Forum Crew Member
I transported a man earlier whose complaint was numbness to his lower lip after chewing on it. That was my excitement for the night.

I'm working the 1930 to 0730 tour running IFTs and low level 911 calls as they come in.

Last edited by a moderator:

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Came on at 0730 and didn't turn a wheel until 1300. I should have known. 6 transports and two cancels since then. Auto vs Ped in a wheelchair and some sick people. We did run a auto alarm in a particularly spooky assisted living facility, minus the assistance. Felt like the beginning to the movie Quarantine.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Just had a STEMI that was NSR onscene and changed while transporting. Got to the ED and once she went on the bed went apneic and bradyed down to the 30s then came back a/o x4 shortly after lol weird. Still had the fat STEMI showing after though.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
How can u do that many calls in a 24 hour shift and still function / not rash due to fatigue?

One of the fire based stations where I did my internship averages ~30 in 48 hr shifts. Yeah, not even remotely healthy. It's an urban station in a large city with short transport times, but it wasn't my cup of tea in the slightest.

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
3 standard calls..... Just another night, pretty uneventful.

broken stretcher

Forum Crew Member
Did a car vs pedestiran (adult) and took a kid from the local college who smoked a little weed and did acid and called 911 on himself.... all before midnight.... and then went to bed :D

Ended up doing two calls in a twelve hour span last night. An IFT and a BLS 911.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
One of the fire based stations where I did my internship averages ~30 in 48 hr shifts. Yeah, not even remotely healthy. It's an urban station in a large city with short transport times, but it wasn't my cup of tea in the slightest.

Where the heck is that?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I also worked for a service that ran 48s and 25-30 calls per shift was pretty normal.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
High ammonia w/ near coma around dinner time. Then we got to sleep through the night!

(Ok so we got woken up 15 minutes before we should have at 0645 to head 30 miles away for a skinned knee in a nursing home, but a QRV got a refusal)

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Strangest thing I saw was on my way home from work. Only in Portland, Maine will you see Santa riding a bicycle down the road in the rain on Halloween...

nemedic

Forum Captain
Strangest thing I saw was on my way home from work. Only in Portland, Maine will you see Santa riding a bicycle down the road in the rain on Halloween...

Was it on congress st or forest ave by chance? If so, that was probably my cousin. He sent me a text that he got caught out and his DD was nowhere to be found, so he borrowed a friend's bike and rode back to his apartment.

dixie_flatline

Forum Captain
I was doing a 12-hour clinical shift at Hopkins in Baltimore on Halloween. Ended up seeing 3 shootings come in (and one poor kid who fell off a homemade zipline) before it was even dark outside.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I worked 12 hours during the day - had one lady dying to meet us, but otherwise uneventful.

I was on the college QRV that evening. Dealt with some minor stupidity (I took 4 antibiotics and not 3. Am I going to die?) and an unfounded call. No drunks!

And as my Twitter friend MotorCop said, "Low Self Esteem" was in this year as a costume for young ladies.

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
While Halloween was uneventful, the next night we flew out a shooting that ocurred at a party.