Hall ambulance insiders how do you get hired fire you have fire background?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Oh and great beer too

OP
OP
Daddyrunner

Daddyrunner

Forum Probie
We are one of the better states for EMS. Plenty of city and county third services, delegated practices from medical director means no state max for scope, decent pay, no state income tax, and great food.

Man no wonder people go there my friend recently applied for their ems agency a couple months ago but didn't really ask why, thought he just really liked Texas haha

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Man no wonder people go there my friend recently applied for their ems agency a couple months ago but didn't really ask why, thought he just really liked Texas haha
It is a real career with longevity, and real (state?) retirement in more places than not there. Wilco EMS is still tops in my Texas EMS book; Jarvis is the icing on their systems proverbial cake.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Start studying now, we will be hiring again after the first of the year.
It isn't in my cards now, if at all. I was merely laying down an example of what it is I feel Texas offers regarding EMS and careers.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Start studying now, we will be hiring again after the first of the year.
I might take that advice though. GEMS is getting a little stretched for me.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Texas is on the short list for me, but not ETMC. Some head hunter for paramedics plus/ETMC friended me on linked in. Those uniforms are terrible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

A 20k hiring bonus bus a red flag for me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Acadian is doing 20k in Louisiana right now. And paramedics plus is offering 35k over 5 years for Sunstar. All are bad signs

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Liberty is hiring EMTs currently. Delano hires frequently but last I heard they have a full roster. Same county and same system as Hall, als 911, little lower EMT pay and call volume. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
ETMC is looking at some federal fraud problems and has a "live at work" problem, I'd avoid them for the time being. Champion is legitimate though and serves essentially more of the same.

If Wilco did 12s, it would be perfect. What's your UHU out there, if I may ask @aquabear @Handsome Robb ? Here at Cypress Creek, our 24s are busy enough you don't sleep.

@Daddyrunner , let's put it like this: our scope is anything our MD wants it to be. Field blood transfusions? Sure, why not? RSI is pretty normal. Ketamine? Make it rain. Meanwhile, CA EMS is still often asking permission for medication.

aquabear

World's Okayest Paramedic
If Wilco did 12s, it would be perfect. What's your UHU out there, if I may ask @aquabear
We actually have two 12 hour demand trucks and one 10.5hr demand truck, but the turn over for those shifts is really low. I think there have been 2 people that have left the 12 hour shifts since they stared. UHU is pretty reasonable, our busiest truck averages 7-8 calls in a 24 hour shift.

RocketMedic

Creek's the opposite. My partner and I are literally the only two people here who like the peak truck as an assignment.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Creek's the opposite. My partner and I are literally the only two people here who like the peak truck as an assignment.
This area is heavily ingrained in the belief that 24s are mandatory to have a proper EMS lifestyle

RocketMedic

I've noticed. I am pretty over working 24s.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've noticed. I am pretty over working 24s.
Join the club. I'll be mostly happy when we move to 12s... Minus the games they're playing with our "raises"

trell959

Forum Probie
Liberty is hiring EMTs currently. Delano hires frequently but last I heard they have a full roster. Same county and same system as Hall, als 911, little lower EMT pay and call volume. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer.

Delano is hiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Join the club. I'll be mostly happy when we move to 12s... Minus the games they're playing with our "raises"

Still "no room in the budget?"