Had anotherr interview Lastnight!

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
As my title states, I had another Interview lastnight at my local Ambulance Dist. for 3rd crew. They usually staff 2 crews each shift, but we have a high call volume in our district and often have to call in a 3rd crew. For some reason they are having a hard time finding people to come in, so they decided to hire more people to help fill this void. You get $50 automatically, and then time in half for each hour you are there until another crew returns to quarters. She also explained to me that we would also be used for shifts that needed to be filled, or if someone would call in sick. And it is a step up type of hiring, you start from the bottom; and if they like you-you step for to part, full time!

Interview went great!!! It's always nice when the person who is interviewing states "You remind me a lot of myself when I was your age"!!!! ;)
She stated I was exactly what she was looking for, and explained I would get a radio/pager and when the tones dropped for a 3rd crew and IF i was available come in!! So I like that it is ONLY if I am available! Which is wonderful for my schedule! She also let me know that there is one more interview to go through with the board, and I will get a call next week for that one. But to feel confident about getting the job!!! ALTHOUGH I have heard that before, so I am not going to count my chickens. But I am extremely excited. I feel like I am taking the right path in my education and experience prospect!! Couldnt be happier right now with my career!

Jeffrey_169

Forum Lieutenant
THAT IS AWESOME!!! I am excited to hear you are doing so well. Happiness is all too elusive and so your post is nice to see.

Fulch

Forum Probie
That sounds great! It looks like your career is really taking off!!
Good luck:)

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
As my title states, I had another Interview lastnight at my local Ambulance Dist. for 3rd crew. They usually staff 2 crews each shift, but we have a high call volume in our district and often have to call in a 3rd crew. For some reason they are having a hard time finding people to come in, so they decided to hire more people to help fill this void. You get $50 automatically, and then time in half for each hour you are there until another crew returns to quarters. She also explained to me that we would also be used for shifts that needed to be filled, or if someone would call in sick. And it is a step up type of hiring, you start from the bottom; and if they like you-you step for to part, full time!

Interview went great!!! It's always nice when the person who is interviewing states "You remind me a lot of myself when I was your age"!!!! ;)
She stated I was exactly what she was looking for, and explained I would get a radio/pager and when the tones dropped for a 3rd crew and IF i was available come in!! So I like that it is ONLY if I am available! Which is wonderful for my schedule! She also let me know that there is one more interview to go through with the board, and I will get a call next week for that one. But to feel confident about getting the job!!! ALTHOUGH I have heard that before, so I am not going to count my chickens. But I am extremely excited. I feel like I am taking the right path in my education and experience prospect!! Couldnt be happier right now with my career!

Thats awesome congrats!!!

I seems like you have been nailing your interviews, if you can PM me some interview advice id well appricate it!!!

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Congratulations; good luck with the third go-around..

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
tincanfireman;
I did get a job on my second interview.

music;
I pm'd you as well.
Advice..Not sure If I will have great advice because everyone's personality is different, but I will tell you what I do.

I over dress! Suit, nice suit. Make sure you are not wearing to much jewelry; none if possible. I bring at least 4 current resumes with me to every interview to hand out to each interviewer. And then I am just myself. If I am nervous, I let them know. I talk to them like I would anyone else. BUT I am very professional, and I let them know that that is what I want to bring to there district; Professionalism!! I try to make a appropriate joke to break the ice! I tell them why I am so passionate about the field and what I am looking in there company to improve myself. It comes natural to me to talk to people. And I can come up with answers quickly and appropriately to there questions. Even if I have no idea what I am going to say when asked, my brain generates a answer quickly! OH Shake everyone's hand when entering and when leaving. Let them know how appreciative you are for there time! Make great eye contact. Try to relate to at least on interviewer. Having great people skills helps. Try to be a "A" personality without being over bearing! If I think of more I will let you know. I hope this helps. Maybe tell me what you do, and I can give you suggestions on other things you can add.
Hope this Helps!
Thanks
Crystal

Last edited by a moderator:

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Crystal, you're a Stellar role model for aspiring medics!

So I like that it is ONLY if I am available! Which is wonderful for my schedule!

You've, first and foremost, gifted us with sharing your experience. You've shown so much pluck and determination on your quest, all the while asking questions to be sure you don't miss anything. Most important, you've made use of the advice given you!

You will not give up and a lot of people who you're yet to meet will be very thankful for that.

And as for the quote, above, let me guess...

"Um, Darling, I know this is our Honeymoon and all, but if I leave right now, I can still get in on that call!"

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you, That really means a lot to me.
And to be honest; my employeer has to kick me out at the end of my shifts. He did explain to me that I CAN NOT live here! ;) In a joking manner of coarse!
Again, thank you!

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Yaaaaaay!

Round of drinks on Crystal!