Guardian EMS?

clibb

Forum Captain
Have anyone heard of Guardian EMS? I did a search on the forum but didn't find anything.

I applied to their EMS agency since they seem like a pretty good company to work for. Within the first 24 months that you work for them they want to send you to Paramedic school.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

/R

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Where is this company located?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Huh, never heard of them. Never even seen their rigs around. Maybe Lucid will pop in, she knows the area a lot better than I do

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just got an email from them in regards to the form I just filled out on employment. Pay is incredible for EMT-Bs... it's a shame I'm probably going to be out of town from my interviews back east so I won't be able to do the PAT portion this saturday

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Sweet!

What the hecks a junior paramedic? I want one. :)

Sorry back to your discussion.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
They are brand spanking new. I actually started talking to one of the founders through EMTLIFE when he was in the process of getting the ball rolling... let me see if I can dig those conversations up.

I do remember that they have pretty ambitious goals... based essentially on the ideals that third service EMS should be doing more for its employees and patients than most privates are doing nowadays.

I'd recommend them based on their philosophy but I can't speak to what they're actually doing out in the field right now.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I had to laugh, on their website they have a PayPal donate button. :rolleyes:

They are a nonprofit.

Found the convo... the guy is no longer actively posting and I hope he doesn't mind me posting this (doubt he will) but this is what he told me...

My buddy and i just got so sick of the way EMS is. We are going to try and set things the way they should be with this. We want to pay people a "career" salary, nice gear, nice rigs, everything we can to set turn private companies upside down.

My only concern would be where they're getting their work from. Do they have any contracts? To my knowledge South Met does all or at least most of the 911 stuff in Parker, so there may actually be a gap and the potential need for a third service. I would ask them about that kind of stuff before signing on.

OP
OP
C

clibb

Forum Captain
They are a nonprofit.

Found the convo... the guy is no longer actively posting and I hope he doesn't mind me posting this (doubt he will) but this is what he told me...

My only concern would be where they're getting their work from. Do they have any contracts? To my knowledge South Met does all or at least most of the 911 stuff in Parker, so there may actually be a gap and the potential need for a third service. I would ask them about that kind of stuff before signing on.

It seems like a nice gig and I will go to the first interview on July 17th to see how they are.
Right now I'm trying to get on my local volunteer service (PVH - Reserves), but if I can get paid for doing my job, that would be nice too!
I also like that they will schedule you are around your Paramedic school classes. So if I want to do P-school in the next year, this will be a great alternative!