Greetings

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
Hi from Virginia ...Jim here.. right now I'm taking the emt-b classes.. to help out on our vol rescue squad... not really new to the med thing.. been in law enforcement..hmmm I may have created a few pt. lol:) and several years being around the ER .. oooppss excuse me ED.. anyways howdy

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Hi Jim, welcome aboard from Southern California. Glad you found us and hope to see you around the boards. This is a great and friendly group with a lot of knowledge and the whole gamut of experience. Feel free to jump in anywhere.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome from Washington.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Hola! Where in VA are you from?

OP
OP
M

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by rescuelt@Jul 20 2004, 09:51 PM
Hola! Where in VA are you from?
I'm between Lynchburg Va and Roanoke Va. a small area called Goode

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by GVRS672@Jul 20 2004, 10:00 AM
Hi from Virginia ...Jim here.. right now I'm taking the emt-b classes.. to help out on our vol rescue squad... not really new to the med thing.. been in law enforcement..hmmm I may have created a few pt. lol:) and several years being around the ER .. oooppss excuse me ED.. anyways howdy
Welcome!

I know you cop-folk enjoy your pepper spray and tasers, but us EMS folk dont have that. Instead of a gun and handcuffs, we have a pair of trauma scissors and nasal cannulas. :ph34r:

rescuecpt

I'm between Lynchburg Va and Roanoke Va. a small area called Goode

I went to school in Lexington :D

I love VA!

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
My wife's a graduate of that school Thomas Jefferson founded in Charlottesville.

rescuecpt

Originally posted by SafetyPro@Jul 21 2004, 11:20 AM
My wife's a graduate of that school Thomas Jefferson founded in Charlottesville.
The University of Virginia?

I went to Washington & Lee University, right next to the good ole Virginia Military Institute.

OP
OP
M

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by MMiz+Jul 21 2004, 09:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MMiz @ Jul 21 2004, 09:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GVRS672@Jul 20 2004, 10:00 AM
Welcome!

I know you cop-folk enjoy your pepper spray and tasers, but us EMS folk dont have that. Instead of a gun and handcuffs, we have a pair of trauma scissors and nasal cannulas. :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
hmm i always though as a EMT we could use O2.. for defence.. one tank on the side of the head

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by GVRS672@Jul 21 2004, 02:36 PM
hmm i always though as a EMT we could use O2.. for defence.. one tank on the side of the head
A 1000cc bag of normal saline doesn't leave as much of a mark. :D

TKO

Forum Lieutenant
Hello from up north! Hope you in enjoy the other side of Emergency Services!! :D

OP
OP
M

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
:rolleyes: Just a Thank you to All for the warm welcome.... I'll get to picking your brains later ....... But I must admit that the few weeks of responding to calls for our Vol Rescue Squad .. has been nothing but great... being the help hand to a pt. or just the ear for them can help one sleep better at night {till the pager goes off} knowing you have tryed to be there and help....

I look forward to learning more and getting to know you folks better

croaker260

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by ffemt8978+Jul 21 2004, 08:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ffemt8978 @ Jul 21 2004, 08:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GVRS672@Jul 21 2004, 02:36 PM
A 1000cc bag of normal saline doesn't leave as much of a mark. :D [/b][/quote]
And dont forget paralytics!

Anyway, I am in my 30's, and fo my first EMT Basic liscense in the Army at age 20. Ive had my medic since 95, and my critical care (first through UT, then through UMBC) since 1997. Ive at one point or another worked for just about every type EMS you can imagine (including fixed wing critical care transports), except for industrial.

I especially enjoy talking about street toxicology, though my wife says I just enjoy talking about anything EMS. Good thing shes a medic too.
I grew up in Ky, worked in Ky and TN (north of nashville), and now work in Idaho.
I dont know what else to say, so If you have any questions, ask away!!!
Steve