Goodbye Delano

eastlossalt

Forum Probie
Kern County giant aquires two more cities while they can barely handle their main city and Kern County approves their first non-transport ALS provider.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Sooo….when there isn’t an ambo available…they just sit and wait?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Great patient care.
Ehh. It sounds like they will be utilized when the ground ambulance is going to have an extended ETA where the patient may possibly need ALS care. The fire resources in the majority of Kern county are BLS only.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
So if they added a box to the back of that super duper pickup…

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So if they added a box to the back of that super duper pickup…
It would become an ambulance… that while they are transporting someone else to the hospital, are unable to respond to ALS level calls…

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Is not now just Hall and Liberty in Kern?
Yes, it’s now just the two companies.
Pretty much from what I'm hearing.
Do you work here, or are you speculating?
Ehh. It sounds like they will be utilized when the ground ambulance is going to have an extended ETA where the patient may possibly need ALS care. The fire resources in the majority of Kern county are BLS only.
There’s an extended ETA every day. Units coming in from Tehachapi for a call in Taft—not uncommon. I don’t think metro goes above level 1 for very long anymore.

BFD has an ALS engine on the west side, and KCFD will occasionally staff an ALS “squad” to augment volume.

From what I’ve seen, and heard on Kern 1, the assess and refer policy and POV turnovers are becoming more and more frequent.

As for the Delano thing, it went into affect yesterday. I’m sure a lot of stuff will still have to be ironed out.

Prior to this, since Hall took over all of the ambulance dispatching it seemed they’d respond into Delano regularly, and vice versa if Delano Ambulance was in metro.

The buyout is hardly a surprise to folks who have been here long enough. Big Harv’s dream was to have the entire county as his EOA.

And as for PSR, this has also been a thing since CV-19. They respond to lower level calls and ask for an (Hall) ambulance when needed within the Metro Bakersfield area.