Glove Poll

Just wondering- How many of you wear gloves...

• Total voters

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
They are at no cost to me and always available so I wear them. Sometimes when I am not driving and we are enroute to a potentially bad call, I double up.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
We are fortunate to be able to purchsase the more durable type. It is a firm ground rule, that no one touches a patient without gloves.. & no intubations without proctective eye wear.

Be safe,
R/R 911

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ridryder911 said:
...no intubations without proctective eye wear.

Very good idea.

I am forntunate in tghis regard, that I already wear eyeglasses on a daily basis. I've been sneezed on more than once and had to clean them off. They are better than nothing, and always there. If I feel the need to protect my eyes, though, I grab one of the hand-dandy faceshield-mask combos.

Jon

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
New Mexico says...

... every freakin time! You shouldnt even get out of the danged rig without putting them on! I dont care what State you live in.

I wear Best Nighthawks. I stock my own.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
MedicStudentJon said:
Very good idea.

I am forntunate in tghis regard, that I already wear eyeglasses on a daily basis. I've been sneezed on more than once and had to clean them off. They are better than nothing, and always there. If I feel the need to protect my eyes, though, I grab one of the hand-dandy faceshield-mask combos.

Jon

Speaking of sneezes....

I sneezed a big snot blob on my dog today...
sneeze.gif
It was funny he just looked at me like WTF?? Im not retrieving for you anymore!

And he walked back to his pen with this big blob of snot between his eyes...
ojj5.png
Damn wintertime colds!

But he also found where a pipe had busted in the rent house today (because no one is currently living down there I keep him in the kennel down there as well - also makes for good house manners training as well). The whole downstairs den was under about a foot of water. My dad who owns the house is going to have a ****fit Im really looking forward to the evening when he gets home.
rolling6.gif

-CP

EMT_Chick

Forum Probie
I used to only wear them if there was visible bodily fluids. Due to a call the other day I will use gloves @ ALL times! We were dispatched to a call @ our Navy hospital. 18 year old recruit on his FIRST day of boot camp tried to hang himself with a Tshirt and failed. Navy couldn't intubate him due to a near crushing of his airway. Anyways.. we load him up and I turn to grab his "gear". Without gloves I picked up his tennis shoes. They were soaked in urine. I was SO flippin mad that the nurses didn't put his stuff in a bag but I was more mad @ myself for not putting gloves on!! I also had one a couple of days ago where the hospital failed to inform us the pt we were xporting was a possible TB case!! I only found out by lookin thru his file to grab his Hx when I saw it. BSI BSI BSI BSI!!! Can't say it enough

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
I always always always wear gloves, at least going in. They are useful from anything like blood and guts, to someone getting sick, to a baby deciding he doesn't want his gum anymore. Maybe it's just the mom gene in me but I see a little kid playing with his gum and I stick out my hand so I can throw it away, and unless it's my kid (which I have none) I don't want their spit all over my hand.