Giving OP a measure of control

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
After 24 hrs, allow OP to lock a thread.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
i disagree. the OP might ask for the thread to be locked. but just because they don't like what they get as a result doesn't mean they should get to lock a shift.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I disagree as well.

Many, many great threads have developed because of voluminous opposition or disagreement to the OP. To allow someone who may not be open minded enough to receive constructive criticism to shut down the thread is counter productive to forums and learning.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Giving an OP allows someone to raise a s***storm, get their 2 cents in, and then prevent others from responding.

Not allowing an OP to lock a thread will hopefully cause some to think twice before they post some half-***ed rant.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

I resemble that remark. (;)>>

Others are welcome to start a competing or paralleling post. It is discouraging to start a post, watch it drift off to windshield punches and typography or abuse.

Like I posted, three is five and five is four, Pareto was right (the first eighty percent of a post's worth is usually in the first twenty percent of its responses).

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I disagree as well.

Many, many great threads have developed because of voluminous opposition or disagreement to the OP. To allow someone who may not be open minded enough to receive constructive criticism to shut down the thread is counter productive to forums and learning.

Seconded.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

After the sixth or seventh nay sayer, doesn't it start to resemble downrange of the

...punkin chunkers?

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Opinions duly noted and appreciated

As with the country EMS category, I am unconvinced but appreciative to still be here.
Besides, as many posts exhibit, I seem capable of bringing them to a standstill anyway!;)

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Link checked, weighed and found inadequate. Rats.

I won't say you should feel the discussion went hard right out the hatch, but I still feel some threads need a good one right between the eyes even though they are not abuseful.
Just an essential difference in outlook civilised people can learn to ignore and live with.:rolleyes:

("Die, heathen, Die!"....Emo Philips).;)