Getting a more complete medical history?

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Thanks. That last part is great. I have noticed that on the medication list (either from their own list or from the collection of medication bottles they provide), that often some patients are very inconsistent on certain medications. Your question about "Do you take any medications sometimes?" would be helpful there.

Yeah, a lot of times people are, for whatever reason, not forthcoming when you ask them about their history, but if you specifically ask about medications it tells you much of what you want to know. Or at least leads to some specific questioning.

I find differentiating between "everyday" vs "sometimes" medications helpful too. People don't necessarily take NTG or clonazepam or prevacid everyday, so they won't tell you about them if you only ask what they take "every day", but they can still tell you a lot about the history.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
One thing about asking about meds is often you'll get the answer "I take them because my doctor said to".

Some aren't forthcoming and others don't know. The more time you spend seeing home meds and looking them up the easier it will make it.