Gas prices

Cap'nPanic

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah we'll be able to remember the days when 3.19/gal gas was cheap when in a short time we'll be paying close to 5-6/gal. About two years ago Scotland's gas prices were equivalent to 7 U.S. dollars, and many Scots have since sold their vehicles and started sharing one vehicle with the entire family, and if they lived in the city they didnt even own a vehicle, they just rode the trains or took a cab.

For larger metropolitan areas, I can forsee more cab services coming about and more public transit services, perhaps maybe Amtrak will make comeback with rising gas prices when people realize it will cost them less for a two way train ticket than it would to take a private vehicle.

For rural areas (where Im at) I guess the family will have to share one vehicle and the kids just need to start staying home more. And lot of my neighbors have sold their F-350s and bought Reg. cab F-150s or just bouth a Ranger XL, which saves more on gas. Me, my next vehicle will likely be a Ford Escape, the only reason I need an SUV is because I need to have a safe way to haul my dog and my child together, with the dog in a kennel in the back and my daughter in child seat. Plus I also have a boat that I use often for fishing or duck hunting.

My mom has parked her SUV and said she isnt driving it unless the whole family is going with her and she is looking for a small two door car to drive back and forth to work, her SUV is paid off.

That mtn bike is looking nicer and nicer everytime the gas goes up, I could use the excercise anyhow.
BTW gas jumped to $3.09 in the last hour, and two stations are completely out of gas.

-Cap'nPanic

Medic_Civ_Def

Forum Probie
Guys,

You have it easy!! Over here it works out, with currency exchange, at about $7.60 per gallon! And theres more price hikes due!!!

Medic_Civ_Def

Forum Probie
Just heard on the news, the petrol is to rise by another 10-15% in the next 24 hrs!

They are putting it down to many factors including hurricane katrina!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Medic_Civ_Def@Sep 3 2005, 04:35 PM
Just heard on the news, the petrol is to rise by another 10-15% in the next 24 hrs!

They are putting it down to many factors including hurricane katrina!
The only factor that ever matters in these situations is their profit margin. Every major oil company is reporting record 9 digit profits each year. :angry:

ECC

Forum Captain
Diesel $2.89 and holding here in Colorado.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm heading south... be intresting to see what it costs to fill the rigs there (I ain't paying for it :D )

Jon

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Watch out for Atlanta and Dallas, friends in both places have told me it is around $5 bucks/gal in those places, it is outrageous.

Once again be safe out there Jon.

-Cap'n

OP
OP
Phridae

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Its comming back down, now. I saw $3.09 yesterday. I forgot to check today.

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Sep 5 2005, 05:16 PM
Watch out for Atlanta and Dallas, friends in both places have told me it is around $5 bucks/gal in those places, it is outrageous.

Once again be safe out there Jon.

-Cap'n
I don't know who your sources are, but this is not true. I have been in Dallas for the last week, and the most expensive I have seen is $3.15. And there are still a few places under $3. I hope your sources arent psychics. ;)

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
What do you all think will eventually happen? Is gas ever going to go down... or stop rising? I can bet the car companies are working 24/7 on new hybrids. I just wonder what is in the future for us. Obviously, the prices aren't going down anytime soon, so I saw we start working on a plan for the future.

Personally my plan is to move. I currently drive 100 miles a day, round trip to get to school and work. As soon as I save up some money, I plan on moving and cutting that down to about 10-20 miles a day.

Its pretty sad when I can rent an apartment for cheaper than I am paying in gas!!!

OP
OP
Phridae

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
mail.jpg

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
Prices dropped around my house from $2.99 to $2.86

I work in the Dallas area and emtbass is correct - gas prices never got that high!
Not yet anyway!!!
:p